I read the entire thread, I'm not new to BB but I've never heard of a hybrid before. I'm running .250 what would be the difference it I install this?
And hello everyone
Welcome to !
Originally Posted by Twister
A hybrid is a compilation of the good parts of different os's that have been combined to bring you nothing but goodness!!! I do not run an 8900 so not to sure on exacts but I would expect a snappier faster phone
Really? Oh sweet, I should give it a try then? Is this the same as other OS's? (Loader.exe method) Also what about compatibility with hybrids? I need to run BuzzMe.
hi guys!!! im new to this... what do you guys mean by "install over a clean OS"? and how?
thanks in advance!
Installing over a clean OS means that if you have an OS already installed on your computer that you have modified, you should uninstall, and reinstall. Here are some general instructions on how to install a hybrid.
Originally Posted by Locksmith88106
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs, restart PC
2. Download AND install base OS to PC
3. Download the desired hybrid
4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS. (Follow specific hybrid installation instructions per hybrid maker's recommendations)
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a OS, it deletes it automatically)
9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything through Desktop Manager
11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Hi im a newbie help needed, I have downloaded the exe how do I load it on my blackberry please
Instructions are posted right above the post you just made. Any questions, just ask.
Originally Posted by jimc
HELLO and good afternoon Mr. Crackman sorry for my ignorance. I have been a member for awhile but have not posted much. I went back on your post reading about Hybids but i want to make sure i understand. I have the 5.0.238 for the Bold & 8900. you have stated to download the hybids over those OS.( I am learning so please excuse me). Why? does it work in conjunction to the regular OS ?
Tags for this Thread