Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 236

  1. #9
    jcrompton is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    bold
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    We always recommend a wipe and fresh install for each hybrid. I personally removed the old OS/hybrid files, wiped, installed .282 base OS, then ran hybrid exe, deleted vendor.xml, and ran loader. Worked like a gem. :laugh2:

    Ok. Will do it this way. Should've known that the potential shorcut wasn't the best idea even with the same base OS ...



  2. #10
    alexander_ekin's Avatar
    alexander_ekin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow alexander_ekin On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indonesia
    Device
    9000 and 9550
    OS
    MY Newest Hybrids
    Posts
    244

    Thumbs up instaling xonz os hybrid ver 1

    xonz please explainme how to instaling ur hybrid v1???? detail please... thx u. GBU

  3. #11
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_ekin View Post
    xonz please explainme how to instaling ur hybrid v1???? detail please... thx u. GBU
    If I may...

    1. backup your device using DM
    2. backup your 3rd party apps using BBSAK (available here on BBOS)
    3. wipe your device using BBSAK
    4. install your choice of .266, .282, or .291 on your pc
    5. download and run the hybrid .exe from OP making sure to point the extraction to your OS folder
    6. delete vendor.xml
    7. double click loader and install OS
    8. restore 3rd party apps and backup via DM

    This is a quick version we'd be happy to slow down and expand on any of these points if you need more help



  4. #12
    ErieBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow ErieBerry On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0.282-Xonz Hybrid
    Posts
    11
    Another great job from Xonz, btw what is the base platform OS for v.1.0? OS 266 or 291, please confirm, thanks.

  5. #13
    jcrompton is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    bold
    Posts
    37
    Here would be the corrected instructions ????

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install .291 to PC 4.6.0.291
    3. Download Hybrid 1.0
    4. Double click on 1.0 and follow instructions to install it over .291 (chose the usual path in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.291_P4.0.0.183
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: Shrink-A-OS
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone



  6. #14
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by ErieBerry View Post
    Another great job from Xonz, btw what is the base platform OS for v.1.0? OS 266 or 291, please confirm, thanks.
    266, 282, or 291 your choice per Xonz. I used .282 for this version and another tester used .266.

  7. #15
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
    Here would be the corrected instructions ????

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install .291 to PC 4.6.0.291
    3. Download Hybrid 1.0
    4. Double click on 1.0 and follow instructions to install it over .291 (chose the usual path in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.291_P4.0.0.183
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: Shrink-A-OS
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
    That is more thorough thanks for digging that up. The only exception is you do not HAVE to use .291 as the base OS.

  8. #16
    BLacklac is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    4. install your choice of .266, .282, or .291 on your pc
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
    2. Download and install .291 to PC 4.6.0.291

    So which OS does this Hybrid work on? (Edit: Answered above.)


    Ok, so what differences between using this Hybrid on .266, .282 or .291?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •