Some positive feedback. I just did a flash from the Telefonica .176 OS. And.....got it, I'm getting High 200k downloads, tested in speedtest.net. topped at 292kb/s
Just my 0.02
PS- No Hybrid.
I hate to be THAT GUY...but, reading through this thread I haven't seen anyone reference using a Mac to do the install.
So, can someone help me? I am using a mac. I understand all the process; but, again, I'm using a mac. EXE's don't mix well.
Wow I suck at Mac stuff we have a few resident mac'es and I am sure one will be in to help sorry.
Originally Posted by tonyishood
Well after a doing a little bit of searching, it seems like I've found the way to do it. Forgive me if the instructions are a bit redundant: I didn't write them. I'm going to try this now.
Here are the steps for use with a hybrid:
- Plug your BlackBerry into your MacBook with BlackBerry Desktop Manager Running.
- Install the carrier recommended OS (in this case AT&T OS 126.96.36.199)
- Reload the OS that the carrier recommended for the phone. This will download all the appropriate files that are required.
- Have the hybrid OS handy (in this case 8330 OS 188.8.131.52)
- Go to Hard Drive > Username > Library > Application Support > BlackBerry Desktop Manager > Device Applications > Folder with numbers and letters
- Open the Java file containing the hybrid OS files
- Select all the files in the hybrid OS folder
- Drag and drop these files into the folder with numbers and letters found in step 5
- When prompted to replace files, click on apply to all and then replace
- Go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager (should be running in background) and click on Applications and click Check for Updates
- It will say there are no new updates in the next screen. Click on Show Other Versions in this screen.
- You will now find the carrier recommended OS that was installed in steps 2 and 3. Click on the radio button to the left so it is “selected” and then click on Select.
- Click on Reload
- You’re done!
The Desktop Manager for Mac will think it’s just reloading the current OS to the BlackBerry but since you copied over the files from the hybrid OS it will actually be loading a different OS. As always please make backups before attempting to install or upgrade anything.
Last edited by tonyishood; 11-11-2009 at 11:59 AM.
The link doesnt work =/
Originally Posted by lyricidal
Yeah, everytime I click on the link, it says the file is not found. I want to update my cuve 8310 into the hybrid os.
Anyone have a working link? Would love to give this hybrid a try
Yeah. The link is not working...
Tags for this Thread