Here you go:
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
2. Download and install .291 to PC 184.108.40.2061
3. Download the v7.09 Bold Hybrid v0.8
4. Double click on v0.8 and follow instructions to install it over .291 (chose the usual path in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ to install to)
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: Shrink-A-OS
8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Keep us posted
thanks now trying in few mts. will post resulta as soon as i am done?
No problem...we are here to help
Originally Posted by mindy
Just loaded it for app support, and viigo is WORKING! So im stoked.
However im missing the 2g/3g selection with .282
That saved me Tons of Bat life when i was in class or at work not using my phone
Hopfully that will be in .9
It seems like battery is life is killing me in this v0.8. I've only BBMed and texted, did a few calls, few emails. And already in yellow.
Edit: As Drew pointed out, I'm missing the 2G&3G selection, so that's another battery killer.
I've been testing the 0.9 version...
Faster Startup only takes -+ 1 minute (Mine's only take 50 second after white screen starting)
Media loading improve..
And about 2G&3G selection I still testing because in 0.8 or 0.9 my 2G&3G selection is still there
about 0.9 is
Radio .266 (change because the radio file in .299 is more stable than in .282)
Some other module from .291+.100+130+.282 and new cross breed module from 8520 (Gemini)
Last edited by xonz; 08-05-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Good to hear when do you plan on releasing this one?
Originally Posted by Bryan
I'm Still testing it.. Soon is definitely
Everything is working fine at the moment
Tags for this Thread