Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.8 (w/ .164 radio & BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99

Thread: Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.8 (w/ .164 radio & BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500!!!

  1. #1
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times

    Talking Gabriel's Hybrid v2.0.8 (w/ .164 radio & BBM 5.0) is now available for 9500!!!

    Hybrid lovers... Here's the update you have been waiting for...


    Download Gabriel's hybrid V2.0.8 for 9500


    Updated: Aug 05, 2009 7:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.8 changelog:
    - adding more from .164
    - now its more of .164 than .151
    - focusing on responsiveness & stability
    - pre-shrunk for better memory management

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .164 radio
    - .151 base files (around 75 files)
    - around 81 files from 5.0.0.140 OS
    - around 10 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - around 102 files from .164 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)


    Updated: Aug 04, 2009 9:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.7 changelog:
    - focusing mainly on speed, stability & performance
    - pre-shrunk for better memory management

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .164 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 82 files from 5.0.0.140 OS
    - around 8 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - around 56 files from .164 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)

    Updated: Aug 01, 2009 5:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.6 changelog:
    - added more 5.0.0.140 files
    - added as many .164 files as possible
    - better memory stability & performance

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .151 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 92 files from 5.0.0.140 OS
    - around 10 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - around 108 files from .164 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)

    Updated: July 29, 2009 5:00 AM GMT
    V2.0.5 changelog:
    - added 5.0.0.140 files
    - added .164 radio and few files
    - added latest versions of Facebook & Documents To Go
    - better memory stability & performance

    Now the hybrid uses:
    - .164 radio
    - .151 base files
    - around 75 files from 5.0.0.140 OS
    - around 21 files from 4.7.1.40 OS
    - few files from .164 OS
    - new BBM 5.0
    - latest version of Facebook (1.6.0.21)
    - latest version of Documents To Go (1.007.042)


    Please note that I have included the latest version of Shrink-A-OS with this hybrid in the same folder.

    Please follow the steps below:

    - Once downloaded double click to run the installer
    - Click the next button to continue install
    - It will ask you if you want to create the destination directory click NO
    - Click the browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files>and select your current OS folder
    - Once selected click next to load the hybrid
    - Once finished click next and then use apploader to install on your phone

    Special thanks to BBCrackman and Lyricidal for letting me use files from their hybrids...

    Please let me know your findings ...

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by gabriel; 08-05-2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Updated!




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quick question Gabriel, does this hybrid include tabbed browsing?

  3. #3
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    nope... i guess you would need the 5.0 radio for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Quick question Gabriel, does this hybrid include tabbed browsing?

  4. #4
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    I don't think you do as the browser is controlled by Cod files not the SFI. I only ask because people have had a difficult time incorporating tabbed browsing with files from 4.7.XXX

  5. #5
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    well... its a long chain... the COD files don't seem to be compatible with 4.7.X platforms... the browser needs 5.0 platform... and for using a 5.0 based platform... you will need 5.0 radio...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I don't think you do as the browser is controlled by Cod files not the SFI. I only ask because people have had a difficult time incorporating tabbed browsing with files from 4.7.XXX

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    well... its a long chain... the COD files don't seem to be compatible with 4.7.X platforms... the browser needs 5.0 platform... and for using a 5.0 based platform... you will need 5.0 radio...
    True, 5.0 and 4.7 don't play nice together.

  7. #7
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    just an idea, why don't you incorporate 4.7.1.40 files into 5.0.0.140 just to make everything else work (MSN, yahoo, FB, myspace, etc.)


  8. #8
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    just an idea, why don't you incorporate 4.7.1.40 files into 5.0.0.140 just to make everything else work (MSN, yahoo, FB, myspace, etc.)

    That's easier said than done. I believe it has been tried unsuccessfully thus far. As jlevy73 said they don't play nice together.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-29-2009 at 03:51 AM.

  9. #9
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    from the look and feel, 164 and 140 are not too much different. i know in the lower level it is much different. the memory management of 140 is so much more efficient, while the 164 win by the compatibility issue. if only they can be mixed together somehow... that would be great. i am experiencing a lot of memory leak with 164.

  10. #10
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    from the look and feel, 164 and 140 are not too much different. i know in the lower level it is much different. the memory management of 140 is so much more efficient, while the 164 win by the compatibility issue. if only they can be mixed together somehow... that would be great. i am experiencing a lot of memory leak with 164.
    Pick the middle and stick with .151

  11. #11
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    yup... i'd agree... that's why i have used .151 as base...
    but... the .164 radio seemed to perform better ... so included that too..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Pick the middle and stick with .151

  12. #12
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    yup... i'd agree... that's why i have used .151 as base...
    but... the .164 radio seemed to perform better ... so included that too..!!
    ...and it didn't brick the phone? People have tried .151 as base and adding other java, turned storms into bricks

  13. #13
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    this is a 9500 ONLY version... and will work on 9500 ones....
    didn't brick the ones i tested this on...
    but ... i would recommend... wipe & fresh install...
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    ...and it didn't brick the phone? People have tried .151 as base and adding other java, turned storms into bricks

  14. #14
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    this is a 9500 ONLY version... and will work on 9500 ones....
    didn't brick the ones i tested this on...
    but ... i would recommend... wipe & fresh install...
    Awesome, thanks. I hope this helps many users

  15. #15
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks a lot for the awesome work gabriel...
    appreciate your effort....

  16. #16
    filobus74 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milan,Italy
    PIN
    20DE9EDA
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.758
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    1 times
    Gabriel,
    What do you think about a hybrid with the base of which has 164 new features but with the memory of the previous version v.2.0.4 which is more stable.
    Thank you.

  17. #17
    uuffoo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Gabriel, thank you very much for the update. I dont know whats wrong but in my browser the download link direct me to Zippyshare.com - gabriel_2.0_9500.exe which direct me to
    You have requested the file:
    Name: gabriel_2.0_9500.exe
    Size: 44.8 MB
    Uploaded: 29-07-2009 11:47
    Last download: 29-07-2009 13:28
    Download Link: Download

    Which right file should be on
    Zippyshare.com - gabriel_2.0.5_9500.exe
    You have requested the file:
    Name: gabriel_2.0.5_9500.exe
    Size: 45.83 MB
    Uploaded: 29-07-2009 07:44
    Last download: 29-07-2009 16:47
    Download Link: Download

  18. #18
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by uuffoo View Post
    Gabriel, thank you very much for the update. I dont know whats wrong but in my browser the download link direct me to Zippyshare.com - gabriel_2.0_9500.exe which direct me to
    You have requested the file:
    Name: gabriel_2.0_9500.exe
    Size: 44.8 MB
    Uploaded: 29-07-2009 11:47
    Last download: 29-07-2009 13:28
    Download Link: Download

    Which right file should be on
    Zippyshare.com - gabriel_2.0.5_9500.exe
    You have requested the file:
    Name: gabriel_2.0.5_9500.exe
    Size: 45.83 MB
    Uploaded: 29-07-2009 07:44
    Last download: 29-07-2009 16:47
    Download Link: Download
    Maybe just an oversight. Welcome to BBOS.

  19. #19
    royski is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    PIN
    20CA7D43
    Device
    9500 storm
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times

    Hybrid Error

    Hello Gabriel,

    Wenn using app loader i get following error.

    unknown configuration.
    The Blackberry library PGP e-mail can not be loaded cause it need following not available application:

    net.rim.blackberry.secureemail


    Any solution for this or should i just deinstall all old installations , reinstall latest orig firmware and then your hybrid over that one ?

    Please your input what to do.


    Great hybrid by the way, keep up the good work.:hail:

  20. #20
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    hi thanks for this hybrid i will try it 1 question i need to install 151 as base os ???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •