Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 99

  1. #9
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    from the look and feel, 164 and 140 are not too much different. i know in the lower level it is much different. the memory management of 140 is so much more efficient, while the 164 win by the compatibility issue. if only they can be mixed together somehow... that would be great. i am experiencing a lot of memory leak with 164.



  2. #10
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
    from the look and feel, 164 and 140 are not too much different. i know in the lower level it is much different. the memory management of 140 is so much more efficient, while the 164 win by the compatibility issue. if only they can be mixed together somehow... that would be great. i am experiencing a lot of memory leak with 164.
    Pick the middle and stick with .151

  3. #11
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    yup... i'd agree... that's why i have used .151 as base...
    but... the .164 radio seemed to perform better ... so included that too..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Pick the middle and stick with .151



  4. #12
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    yup... i'd agree... that's why i have used .151 as base...
    but... the .164 radio seemed to perform better ... so included that too..!!
    ...and it didn't brick the phone? People have tried .151 as base and adding other java, turned storms into bricks

  5. #13
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    this is a 9500 ONLY version... and will work on 9500 ones....
    didn't brick the ones i tested this on...
    but ... i would recommend... wipe & fresh install...
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    ...and it didn't brick the phone? People have tried .151 as base and adding other java, turned storms into bricks



  6. #14
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    this is a 9500 ONLY version... and will work on 9500 ones....
    didn't brick the ones i tested this on...
    but ... i would recommend... wipe & fresh install...
    Awesome, thanks. I hope this helps many users

  7. #15
    cnn888 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    thanks a lot for the awesome work gabriel...
    appreciate your effort....

  8. #16
    filobus74 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milan,Italy
    PIN
    20DE9EDA
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    5.0.0.758
    Posts
    25
    Gabriel,
    What do you think about a hybrid with the base of which has 164 new features but with the memory of the previous version v.2.0.4 which is more stable.
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •