Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 88 of 99

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9500
    OS
    Hybrid
    Posts
    8
    Hi Gabriel, I am still using your build of 2.0.6 and so far satisfied with the battery and memory management. Would like to upgrade to the 2.0.8 build but was reported that it consists of BBM4.7 (instead of BBM5) and Facebook 1.6.0.17 (instead of 1.6.0.21). Would appreciate it if you could confirm.

    THanks in advance.



  2. #82
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    not likely... as i had used the same files...
    btw... you do not need any base os for installing this hybrid...
    if you still have doubts then copy+paste the following files from V2.0.6 to the latest hybrid's JAVA folder:
    net_rim_bb_facebook.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource_large.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_help_en.cod

    net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod

    Quote Originally Posted by Mblitar View Post
    Hi Gabriel, I am still using your build of 2.0.6 and so far satisfied with the battery and memory management. Would like to upgrade to the 2.0.8 build but was reported that it consists of BBM4.7 (instead of BBM5) and Facebook 1.6.0.17 (instead of 1.6.0.21). Would appreciate it if you could confirm.

    THanks in advance.
    Last edited by gabriel; 08-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9500
    OS
    Hybrid
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    not likely... as i had used the same files...
    btw... you do not need any base os for installing this hybrid...
    if you still have doubts then copy+paste the following files from V2.0.6 to the latest hybrid's JAVA folder:
    net_rim_bb_facebook.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource_large.cod
    net_rim_bb_facebook_help_en.cod

    net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod
    Thanks for the prompt response Gabriel. I recalled that yesterday I got a notification to upgrade my FB to .21 so I will use the back-up cod files of the upgraded for FB 1.6.0.21 and cod files of the 2.0.6 build for BBM5.

    Downloading now....



  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    don't forget to post your findings, meterbryy stats...etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mblitar View Post
    Thanks for the prompt response Gabriel. I recalled that yesterday I got a notification to upgrade my FB to .21 so I will use the back-up cod files of the upgraded for FB 1.6.0.21 and cod files of the 2.0.6 build for BBM5.

    Downloading now....

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9500
    Posts
    2

    Using Hybrid with foreign language

    Hi,
    First of all sorry for my english, i'm italian.
    I have installed your Hybrid and i like to know if there is some problem using language module different then the version you have included in your version.
    If i list the modules i detect that the module with _en.cod are newer then the module _it.cod.
    Are meaningless or i need to find the correct version and substitute it ?
    Thanks a lot



  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    STORM2
    Posts
    128
    gab,

    i downloaded v2.0.8 and installed it on my phone, it seems that you went back to 151 afterall. any specific reason?

    and also, the BBM is version 4 in this release. one thing i noticed is that the color quality seems to be a bit worse than the v2.0.6 i like the release though better than v2.0.6.

    just curious, is there anyone doing something to the ver 5.0? like making IM works there? i can't negate that i miss the memory management and speed in everything in that version.
    Last edited by cnn888; 08-06-2009 at 08:38 AM.

  7. #87
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dtubacher View Post
    Hi,
    First of all sorry for my english, i'm italian.
    I have installed your Hybrid and i like to know if there is some problem using language module different then the version you have included in your version.
    If i list the modules i detect that the module with _en.cod are newer then the module _it.cod.
    Are meaningless or i need to find the correct version and substitute it ?
    Thanks a lot
    Hey dtubacher. Sorry no one has gotten an answer for you yet. I will look around to see if I can find anything, or get a hold of Gabriel. Welcome to BlackberryOS.

  8. #88
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dtubacher View Post
    Hi,
    First of all sorry for my english, i'm italian.
    I have installed your Hybrid and i like to know if there is some problem using language module different then the version you have included in your version.
    If i list the modules i detect that the module with _en.cod are newer then the module _it.cod.
    Are meaningless or i need to find the correct version and substitute it ?
    Thanks a lot
    Alright I may have a fix for you.

    1. Download and unzip/install Shrink-A-OS.
    2. Run the program and on the left side you should see it list a bunch of languages.
    3. Check the box for Italian.
    4. Click Put It Back.
    5. Click Load OS and run through the wizard.


    This should hopefully get your the Italian language on your phone.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •