Crackmans Bold Hybrid findings and fixes - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 158

Thread: Crackmans Bold Hybrid findings and fixes

  1. #61
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Make sure your Facebook application is set under options to Connect calendar and contacts with your Facebook account:



    Also go to options > advanced > service books > and make sure you have an entry called Facebook CICAL. If not, resend your service books.

    If your contacts give you trouble you can Connect your Facebook friends to your BB contact list manually by going to your friends list, highlighting a friend, hit menu key, then Connect to BlackBerry Contact.



    You can either choose an existing contact to link to or create one.



    Hope this brief explanation helps. Post up if you're still having troubles.

    Off topic: notice the 5.0 fonts on these screenies? Thanks BBCrackman!
    Thanks morgan! :hail: :hail: :hail: I know how the bb calendar works but I haven't been able to run F/B on my devices for a while now.


    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps


  2. #62
    timd28's Avatar
    timd28 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow timd28 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Easthampton, MA
    PIN
    24B48927
    Device
    8900
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    having same issue with viigo as the others mentioned - installed but gets frozen before opening. I think I can live without it for a while though - don't feel like downgrading. Please let us know if anyone figures this out! Thanks for the hardwork BBCRackman!

  3. #63
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timd28 View Post
    having same issue with viigo as the others mentioned - installed but gets frozen before opening. I think I can live without it for a while though - don't feel like downgrading. Please let us know if anyone figures this out! Thanks for the hardwork BBCRackman!
    Welcome to BBOS timd28. I am sure a fix is being worked on. Will let you know when it is available?

  4. #64
    timd28's Avatar
    timd28 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow timd28 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Easthampton, MA
    PIN
    24B48927
    Device
    8900
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Welcome to BBOS timd28. I am sure a fix is being worked on. Will let you know when it is available?
    Thanks! Just realized it was my first post on BBOS..

  5. #65
    Lineman73 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Al.
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times

    Great work Crackman!

    I have been running your hybrid for 24 hours with absolutely no problems at all. Thanks for all your hard work. Patiently waiting for V2!

  6. #66
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman73 View Post
    I have been running your hybrid for 24 hours with absolutely no problems at all. Thanks for all your hard work. Patiently waiting for V2!
    Good to hear you don't have any problems and are enjoying the improvements. Welcome to BlackberryOS.

  7. #67
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman73 View Post
    I have been running your hybrid for 24 hours with absolutely no problems at all. Thanks for all your hard work. Patiently waiting for V2!
    Welcome to BBOS. Glad you're enjoying the hybrid. I'm sure there will be more to come.

  8. #68
    geodorn is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.509
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    I can confirm that Viigo is not starting on this Hybrid. All other apps are working fine and I like it so far. If the Viigo issue could be fixed it would be the perfect Bold OS.

  9. #69
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by geodorn View Post
    I can confirm that Viigo is not starting on this Hybrid. All other apps are working fine and I like it so far. If the Viigo issue could be fixed it would be the perfect Bold OS.
    Welcome to BBOS geodorn. Yes for some reason Viigo is not working with this hybrid. The problem has been noted and we are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  10. #70
    ted's Avatar
    ted
    ted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PIN
    Pls Ask
    Device
    9000
    OS
    5.0.0.130
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    DM said the load was successful, couldn't see any diff when I explored BBM and my Browser, trying to reload now

    Update: The reload loaded more like a proper OS load, just waiting for the device to finish booting up. Fingers Crossed!
    Last edited by ted; 07-23-2009 at 11:30 PM.

  11. #71
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    DM said the load was successful, couldn't see any diff when I explored BBM and my Browser, trying to reload now
    Welcome to BlackberryOS Ted.

  12. #72
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    DM said the load was successful, couldn't see any diff when I explored BBM and my Browser, trying to reload now

    Update: The reload loaded more like a proper OS load, just waiting for the device to finish booting up. Fingers Crossed!
    When loaded properly, options > about will still show .282. Go to options > advanced > applications > menu key > modules > scroll down and you will notice several files including the Browser, etc. will be 5.0. Here's an example of what you'll see:


  13. #73
    ted's Avatar
    ted
    ted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PIN
    Pls Ask
    Device
    9000
    OS
    5.0.0.130
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Sunkast!

  14. #74
    ted's Avatar
    ted
    ted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PIN
    Pls Ask
    Device
    9000
    OS
    5.0.0.130
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Hybrid loaded and working Great! Thanx BBC!!

    EDIT: I am noticing the same Viigo Issue of it just freezing, but just pressing the end call button releases the freeze (won't open Viigo of course though). BBM is 5.0 but still shows 4.6.0 in the apps list.... so can't really Tell if my Browser is updated to 5.0 or not at this stage, I'm happy even with just the BBM upgrade for now anyhow...lol!

    Be good to see V2 Definitely Keen to play with that
    Last edited by ted; 07-24-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    I have two very rare photographs, one is Houdini locking his keys in his car........

  15. #75
    jalahandro is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you !

    So far, so great. Your install instructions were straight forward for me, especially since I already had Rogers 282.

    I was sad to bail on 5.0.0.100 but I really wanted my googletalk to work, I couldn't install apps from Blackberry, and after the media player rebooted me a few times, it was time to go back.

    Thanks for putting the best back in to my bold. The v5 browser speed kicks ass.
    *crying tears of joy

    I've only had this installed for an hour, so I'll be back to update my findings.

  16. #76
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jalahandro View Post
    Thank you !

    So far, so great. Your install instructions were straight forward for me, especially since I already had Rogers 282.

    I was sad to bail on 5.0.0.100 but I really wanted my googletalk to work, I couldn't install apps from Blackberry, and after the media player rebooted me a few times, it was time to go back.

    Thanks for putting the best back in to my bold. The v5 browser speed kicks ass.
    *crying tears of joy

    I've only had this installed for an hour, so I'll be back to update my findings.
    Good to hear and welcome to BlackberryOS.

  17. #77
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Is it possible to implement gears in browser to the hybrid?
    and the loading bar in the 5.0.0.100?

  18. #78
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xonz View Post
    Is it possible to implement gears in browser to the hybrid?
    and the loading bar in the 5.0.0.100?
    Good question, I will let the master (BBC) address this question.

  19. #79
    ErieBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow ErieBerry On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0.282-Xonz Hybrid
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everybody, I'm new member but I've already install hybrid 282 & 100, this is awesome program but unfortunately like others member, my viigo doesn't work. But this is a minor problem since I used viigo just to read rss news & blogs, so my solution I use opera mini to read my rss and with 5.0.100 browser incl font, the looks of my opera mini is more greater.
    Thanks Crackman.

  20. #80
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ErieBerry View Post
    Hi everybody, I'm new member but I've already install hybrid 282 & 100, this is awesome program but unfortunately like others member, my viigo doesn't work. But this is a minor problem since I used viigo just to read rss news & blogs, so my solution I use opera mini to read my rss and with 5.0.100 browser incl font, the looks of my opera mini is more greater.
    Thanks Crackman.
    Welcome to BBOS ErieBerry. Glad you're enjoying the hybrid.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •