Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 217 to 224 of 309

  1. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9000
    Posts
    14
    Hybrid v1 over .282 East Asian CSL Limited version
    I just received my Bold yesterday and I was a bit hesitant but I finally updated the OS from AT&T's 4.0.0.167 and everything went smoothly. However after installation, in my Downloads folder, I now have a bunch of new icons, all named browser and consist of things like Wikipedia and weather. Then theres an Icon on my homescreen also named Browser which is Media Mall 2.0. All of those are links to the downloads and aren't yet installed. The BBM 5.0 looks nice, but nothing has changed about the BB web browser, it looks identical and nothing has changed about speed nor are there tabs.



  2. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoldProud View Post
    Hybrid v1 over .282 East Asian CSL Limited version
    I just received my Bold yesterday and I was a bit hesitant but I finally updated the OS from AT&T's 4.0.0.167 and everything went smoothly. However after installation, in my Downloads folder, I now have a bunch of new icons, all named browser and consist of things like Wikipedia and weather. Then theres an Icon on my homescreen also named Browser which is Media Mall 2.0. All of those are links to the downloads and aren't yet installed. The BBM 5.0 looks nice, but nothing has changed about the BB web browser, it looks identical and nothing has changed about speed nor are there tabs.
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy

  3. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    207B34E9
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    4.6.0.266
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy
    All correct with the exception of tabbed browsing which I believe was introduced in 5.0.0.130 for the Bold.



  4. #220
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Tabbed browser was included on 5.0.0.130 and is not included on this hyybrid, V2 is in the workshop yet, but soon to come

  5. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaneinOne
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy
    All correct with the exception of tabbed browsing which I believe was introduced in 5.0.0.130 for the Bold.
    Haha thanks. I knew I had a 50/50 shot with 5.0.130 and tab browsing.

    I come from the cdma world. You know the world without wifi at:

    :lmao:



  6. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaneinOne
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy
    All correct with the exception of tabbed browsing which I believe was introduced in 5.0.0.130 for the Bold.
    Haha thanks. I knew I had a 50/50 shot with 5.0.130 and tab browsing.

    I come from the cdma world. You know the world without wifi at:

    :lmao:
    Lol

  7. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    I d/l .282 and the hybrid. Installed the OS onto my xp box, installed the hybrid into the os' folder in common files>research in motion>shared>loader files and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. Navigated to the apploader folder and double clicked on loader.exe and went through the prompts. I was upgrading from an older OS and added the app store and clicked ok.

    An error occured and the OS will boot up, but I don't get a signal and cant connect through USB now. Little help?

  8. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0zc0r3 View Post
    I d/l .282 and the hybrid. Installed the OS onto my xp box, installed the hybrid into the os' folder in common files>research in motion>shared>loader files and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. Navigated to the apploader folder and double clicked on loader.exe and went through the prompts. I was upgrading from an older OS and added the app store and clicked ok.

    An error occured and the OS will boot up, but I don't get a signal and cant connect through USB now. Little help?
    Ok, I went to manage connections and it looks like the mobile network just turned itself off (phew). I still can't connect to my pc through USB though...

    Sorry, I'm a pretty big n00b (just got my Bold 2 days ago off someone from craigslist).

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •