BBCrackmans Bold Hybrid v1 - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 309

Thread: BBCrackmans Bold Hybrid v1

  1. #221
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaneinOne
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy
    All correct with the exception of tabbed browsing which I believe was introduced in 5.0.0.130 for the Bold.
    Haha thanks. I knew I had a 50/50 shot with 5.0.130 and tab browsing.

    I come from the cdma world. You know the world without wifi at:

    :lmao:


    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps


  2. #222
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaneinOne
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey BBold,

    those icons you are seeing are just launchers for web sites that your carrier is partnered with. If you don't want them you can delete or hide them. BB menu button and it will give you those options.

    Your hybrid unfortunetly doesn't have any files from the newest 5.0.0.140 leak. It is .140 that offers the tab browser.

    You build is made of mostly 5.0.0.100 files which is a much more stable build. The browser is a little faster but does look them same as always.

    If you follow this path it will show you which files came from which os.
    options > advance options > applications > bb menu button > modules - have a look through the list and you should see plenty of 5.0 files!

    I hope that answers all you r questions but give you device a day or 2 to settle in and it'll speed up for you.

    Enjoy
    All correct with the exception of tabbed browsing which I believe was introduced in 5.0.0.130 for the Bold.
    Haha thanks. I knew I had a 50/50 shot with 5.0.130 and tab browsing.

    I come from the cdma world. You know the world without wifi at:

    :lmao:
    Lol
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  3. #223
    sn0zc0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    I d/l .282 and the hybrid. Installed the OS onto my xp box, installed the hybrid into the os' folder in common files>research in motion>shared>loader files and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. Navigated to the apploader folder and double clicked on loader.exe and went through the prompts. I was upgrading from an older OS and added the app store and clicked ok.

    An error occured and the OS will boot up, but I don't get a signal and cant connect through USB now. Little help?

  4. #224
    sn0zc0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0zc0r3 View Post
    I d/l .282 and the hybrid. Installed the OS onto my xp box, installed the hybrid into the os' folder in common files>research in motion>shared>loader files and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. Navigated to the apploader folder and double clicked on loader.exe and went through the prompts. I was upgrading from an older OS and added the app store and clicked ok.

    An error occured and the OS will boot up, but I don't get a signal and cant connect through USB now. Little help?
    Ok, I went to manage connections and it looks like the mobile network just turned itself off (phew). I still can't connect to my pc through USB though...

    Sorry, I'm a pretty big n00b (just got my Bold 2 days ago off someone from craigslist).

  5. #225
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0zc0r3 View Post
    Ok, I went to manage connections and it looks like the mobile network just turned itself off (phew). I still can't connect to my pc through USB though...

    Sorry, I'm a pretty big n00b (just got my Bold 2 days ago off someone from craigslist).
    Glad you got the connections turned back on

    Try rebooting your pc with your phone plugged into it and that should kick start it to connect

  6. #226
    sn0zc0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Glad you got the connections turned back on

    Try rebooting your pc with your phone plugged into it and that should kick start it to connect
    That did it. Sorry for the minor freakout haha.

    Now that that's all figured out, I'd like a littler clarification about all this:

    - it says on the BB site that the .282 OS is for rogers. My phone is locked to ATT. Does it matter?

    - When I clicked on the loader.exe file last time, DM was on and in the system tray. Did that possibly screw up the install?

  7. #227
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0zc0r3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Glad you got the connections turned back on

    Try rebooting your pc with your phone plugged into it and that should kick start it to connect
    That did it. Sorry for the minor freakout haha.

    Now that that's all figured out, I'd like a littler clarification about all this:

    - it says on the BB site that the .282 OS is for rogers. My phone is locked to ATT. Does it matter?

    - When I clicked on the loader.exe file last time, DM was on and in the system tray. Did that possibly screw up the install?
    1. All you need to do is delete the *vendor.xml file and your ready to go.
    2. Might be.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  8. #228
    sn0zc0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )



    1. All you need to do is delete the *vendor.xml file and your ready to go.
    2. Might be.
    Ok, looks like I'm all good. First impression is that the general OS runs a bit slower than the one I had before this...(I think it was .16something).

  9. #229
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    I'll do a battery pull right after the OS was installed
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  10. #230
    sn0zc0r3 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    I'll do a battery pull right after the OS was installed
    Yup, I did it after I made the post and it runs like a dream now. I'm loving my Bold more than my old iPhone at the moment. :cool2:

  11. #231
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Could BBCrackmans make a how to hybrid for Bold.. seems searching everywhere and still doesnt find it...

  12. #232
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Quote Originally Posted by xonz
    Could BBCrackmans make a how to hybrid for Bold.. seems searching everywhere and still doesnt find it...
    What's exactly what you're trying to do, in my personal opinion I can say that is not that easy when it comes to making hybrids, is hard and require a lot of time and patience.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  13. #233
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )
    What's exactly what you're trying to do, in my personal opinion I can say that is not that easy when it comes to making hybrids, is hard and require a lot of time and patience.
    What I mean is after seing install .291 from the app loader is saying its downgrading.. and after thinking could the newer java file in .291 could be combine in .266/.282 so its making an upgrade.. not downgrading

    Sory if i am wrong...I am still a noob in this kind of things and it just my curiosity...:hail:

  14. #234
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xonz View Post
    What I mean is after seing install .291 from the app loader is saying its downgrading.. and after thinking could the newer java file in .291 could be combine in .266/.282 so its making an upgrade.. not downgrading

    Sory if i am wrong...I am still a noob in this kind of things and it just my curiosity...:hail:
    The low radio files/platform number on .291 cause it to show as a downgrade. DM sees it the same as .216 in that regard. Same platform/radio.

  15. #235
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    The low radio files/platform number on .291 cause it to show as a downgrade. DM sees it the same as .216 in that regard. Same platform/radio.
    YUp thats why i am thinking to apply radio files in .266/.282 to the .291

  16. #236
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xonz View Post
    YUp thats why i am thinking to apply radio files in .266/.282 to the .291
    let us know how the things are going on this one, i would like to see your succeed
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  17. #237
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    let us know how the things are going on this one, i would like to see your succeed
    Still need reference how to make a hybrid in Bold.. thats why i am asking BBCrackmans because its not like copy past the umts folder in .266/282 to .291 still need guidance

  18. #238
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xonz View Post
    Still need reference how to make a hybrid in Bold.. thats why i am asking BBCrackmans because its not like copy past the umts folder in .266/282 to .291 still need guidance
    my question is, youre trying to use the radio from .282 with the java folder of .291?
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  19. #239
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    my question is, youre trying to use the radio from .282 with the java folder of .291?
    Yup thats right...
    Last edited by xonz; 07-31-2009 at 01:38 AM.

  20. #240
    xonz's Avatar
    xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In The Internet
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    8900,9000,9550
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Posts
    295
    Liked
    0 times
    Any one can help where how to build hybrid... for bold
    Want to learn more

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •