Last edited by lyricidal; 07-21-2009 at 11:11 PM.
BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
Telus 9550 Storm2 running 126.96.36.1995/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers
Damn Lry do you ever sleep my man :dance: I will have to try this out tomorrow
Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)
Simply amazing. You are the man.
Thank you man for the fast Hybrid, but I'm sorry to say that right of the bet, i couldn't get the data connection to start. pulled bat, still nothing, *288, nothing, I'm on Verizon. not sure what the issue is.
My man lyricidal comes through! Nice job! Have you seen my bold???...lol
Last edited by bbcrackman; 07-16-2009 at 08:00 PM.
is this safe for the storm?
feedback?.. is this safe to bring to work hybrid?
This is fantastic. I am a recent Windows Mobile convert and have made many custom ROMs.
Thank you for sharing!
Im a little scared to install right now and was hoping you could answer some questions I have.
1) What files in JAVA folder pertain to radio i.e. are there any radio specific files (i.e. GSM vs CDMA)?
2) Is it ok to take any files from 8900 test packages as the resolution matches the tour?
3) What happens if you do a bad flash... is there such a thing as a boot-loader? (i.e. is a there a rescue mechanism, or do we jeopardize our device upon flash?
Last edited by Juicy; 07-21-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Welcome to BlackberryOS Juicy.
- The radio file is a single file with the extension .sfi and is found in a separate folder (GSM devices it is GPRS, not sure about CDMA). These are device specific.
- No. OS software is device specific. You cannot use files from any other software but for the device model you own. You can however use any carrier's OS. So long as it is for your device model.
- This is one great thing about BlackBerry devices. They are virtually impossible to brick. We have several guides that can aid in walking you through the recovery of bricking your device.
I see what you mean by GPRS and CDMA. I am comparing two Tour image with 8900.
is there anything other than net_rim_os.cod and the *.sfi radio file that will cause harm? Is there more to the OS package than that one .cod file?
Last edited by sunkast; 07-21-2009 at 12:33 AM.