18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 Hybrid by Lyricidal
irtehun has taken over this project:
Originally Posted by irtehun
Last edited by lyricidal; 07-21-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Damn Lry do you ever sleep my man :dance: I will have to try this out tomorrow
gonna have to try tomorrow also... anything cool we might see? just random speed improvements... i just want the new bbm!
Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)
Simply amazing. You are the man.
Thank you man for the fast Hybrid, but I'm sorry to say that right of the bet, i couldn't get the data connection to start. pulled bat, still nothing, *288, nothing, I'm on Verizon. not sure what the issue is.
My man lyricidal comes through! Nice job! Have you seen my bold???...lol
Last edited by bbcrackman; 07-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Is your radio on? Try resending service books...
Originally Posted by malsadig
is this safe for the storm?
This is for the Tour, wont work on the Storm...sorry Seanren78
Originally Posted by Seanren78
Thanks.....I'm just hybrid hungry with all the releases as of late.
Originally Posted by bbcrackman
feedback?.. is this safe to bring to work hybrid?
This is fantastic. I am a recent Windows Mobile convert and have made many custom ROMs.
Thank you for sharing!
Im a little scared to install right now and was hoping you could answer some questions I have.
1) What files in JAVA folder pertain to radio i.e. are there any radio specific files (i.e. GSM vs CDMA)?
2) Is it ok to take any files from 8900 test packages as the resolution matches the tour?
3) What happens if you do a bad flash... is there such a thing as a boot-loader? (i.e. is a there a rescue mechanism, or do we jeopardize our device upon flash?
Last edited by Juicy; 07-20-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Welcome to BlackberryOS Juicy.
- The radio file is a single file with the extension .sfi and is found in a separate folder (GSM devices it is GPRS, not sure about CDMA). These are device specific.
- No. OS software is device specific. You cannot use files from any other software but for the device model you own. You can however use any carrier's OS. So long as it is for your device model.
- This is one great thing about BlackBerry devices. They are virtually impossible to brick. We have several guides that can aid in walking you through the recovery of bricking your device.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am pretty experienced in windows mobile, but very new to BB.
Originally Posted by sunkast
I see what you mean by GPRS and CDMA. I am comparing two Tour image with 8900.
is there anything other than net_rim_os.cod and the *.sfi radio file that will cause harm? Is there more to the OS package than that one .cod file?
I can only answer that vaguely... There are several COD files that are necessary for a device to work. One of the members on here that build hybrids would be better at answering this. But is it like I said, pretty hard to brick a device. Short of the USB port being broken, or other hardware failure, you can recover a bricked device. The Boot ROM is awesome.
Originally Posted by Juicy
Last edited by sunkast; 07-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Tags for this Thread