Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    is this safe for the storm?
    This is for the Tour, wont work on the Storm...sorry Seanren78



  2. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    This is for the Tour, wont work on the Storm...sorry Seanren78
    Thanks.....I'm just hybrid hungry with all the releases as of late.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    nyc. miami.
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    64
    feedback?.. is this safe to bring to work hybrid?



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Tour
    Posts
    21
    This is fantastic. I am a recent Windows Mobile convert and have made many custom ROMs.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Im a little scared to install right now and was hoping you could answer some questions I have.

    1) What files in JAVA folder pertain to radio i.e. are there any radio specific files (i.e. GSM vs CDMA)?

    2) Is it ok to take any files from 8900 test packages as the resolution matches the tour?

    3) What happens if you do a bad flash... is there such a thing as a boot-loader? (i.e. is a there a rescue mechanism, or do we jeopardize our device upon flash?
    Last edited by Juicy; 07-20-2009 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #13
    sunkast Guest
    Welcome to BlackberryOS Juicy.

    1. The radio file is a single file with the extension .sfi and is found in a separate folder (GSM devices it is GPRS, not sure about CDMA). These are device specific.
    2. No. OS software is device specific. You cannot use files from any other software but for the device model you own. You can however use any carrier's OS. So long as it is for your device model.
    3. This is one great thing about BlackBerry devices. They are virtually impossible to brick. We have several guides that can aid in walking you through the recovery of bricking your device.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Tour
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Welcome to BlackberryOS Juicy.

    1. The radio file is a single file with the extension .sfi and is found in a separate folder (GSM devices it is GPRS, not sure about CDMA). These are device specific.
    2. No. OS software is device specific. You cannot use files from any other software but for the device model you own. You can however use any carrier's OS. So long as it is for your device model.
    3. This is one great thing about BlackBerry devices. They are virtually impossible to brick. We have several guides that can aid in walking you through the recovery of bricking your device.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am pretty experienced in windows mobile, but very new to BB.

    I see what you mean by GPRS and CDMA. I am comparing two Tour image with 8900.

    is there anything other than net_rim_os.cod and the *.sfi radio file that will cause harm? Is there more to the OS package than that one .cod file?

  7. #15
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am pretty experienced in windows mobile, but very new to BB.

    I see what you mean by GPRS and CDMA. I am comparing two Tour image with 8900.

    is there anything other than net_rim_os.cod and the *.sfi radio file that will cause harm? Is there more to the OS package than that one .cod file?
    I can only answer that vaguely... There are several COD files that are necessary for a device to work. One of the members on here that build hybrids would be better at answering this. But is it like I said, pretty hard to brick a device. Short of the USB port being broken, or other hardware failure, you can recover a bricked device. The Boot ROM is awesome.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •