8330/8330m .160/.138/5.0 Hybrid (BETA) - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 221

Thread: 8330/8330m .160/.138/5.0 Hybrid (BETA)

  1. #61
    spm903 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    youngstown area
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    0 times
    guess after reading so many i started to skip some lol thanks




  2. #62
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    no worries let us know if you have more questions

  3. #63
    billcessna is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Erie, Pa
    Device
    8330m curve
    OS
    4.5
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times

    Smile hybrid for 8330m

    I am downloading now..... I will be sure to let you know the outcome... thanks for the time you have spent on the curve.....

  4. #64
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    hey, i just recently found this post and I actually had a few questions because i read through majority of this thread but it seems like im doing something wrong.

    I did install the sprint version of the OS which was 8330-v4.5.0.131_P3.4.0.25

    and then i downloaded the rar file and extracted the cdma and the java folder into the shared\loader files folder

    up to there i was good. however i am not quite sure how the blackberry updates cause i tried connecting my bb to my comp and ran the desktop manager but nothing seemed to have updated..

  5. #65
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternet View Post
    hey, i just recently found this post and I actually had a few questions because i read through majority of this thread but it seems like im doing something wrong.

    I did install the sprint version of the OS which was 8330-v4.5.0.131_P3.4.0.25

    and then i downloaded the rar file and extracted the cdma and the java folder into the shared\loader files folder

    up to there i was good. however i am not quite sure how the blackberry updates cause i tried connecting my bb to my comp and ran the desktop manager but nothing seemed to have updated..
    First off Welcome to BlackberryOS

    Second make sure on your pc you go to

    c-program files-common files-research in motion-app loader and delete the vendor file. It is usually located at the bottom of the list on the right hand side.

    Then in that same app loader folder there is a phone icon called app loader double click and run that to update your phone.

    Let us know if you have anymore questions

  6. #66
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you for clarifying that however, i did delete the vendor and then ran the loader app and it took me through app wizard and what not .. but in the end it told me that there wasn't anything updated?

    is there any noticeable updates to this hybrid that i could notice to tell if im running it or not?

    like does this include the new bbm 5.0?

  7. #67
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternet View Post
    thank you for clarifying that however, i did delete the vendor and then ran the loader app and it took me through app wizard and what not .. but in the end it told me that there wasn't anything updated?

    is there any noticeable updates to this hybrid that i could notice to tell if im running it or not?

    like does this include the new bbm 5.0?
    No it does not include the new BBM as this was made before that was leaked

    With the inclusion of the 5.0 files you will see a speed in internet browser and should see better battery life as well. Not sure what else you would gain as I haven't had my curve in awhile and never tried this one.

  8. #68
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    On your phone go to options-advanced-applications- and highlight blackberry core applications- hit bb button and select modules and then scroll down the list. Do you see any 5.0 files listed?

  9. #69
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    yes i do have files that have the 5.0 next to em

    does that mean i have successfully done it :O ?

  10. #70
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Yep it sure does

    But I am confused if app loader never did the update like you say? You should see several 5.0 files

  11. #71
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah i really dont understand it.. but um hopefully they'll come out with 5.0 soon.. i mean its august and ppl have been sayinng it was supposed to come out much earlier than that.. so i can only assume it has to be coming out soon..

  12. #72
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternet View Post
    yeah i really dont understand it.. but um hopefully they'll come out with 5.0 soon.. i mean its august and ppl have been sayinng it was supposed to come out much earlier than that.. so i can only assume it has to be coming out soon..
    I actually read something today that said 5.0 may not be coming out to the 83xx ,88xx series of phones Let me see if I can find it for you

  13. #73
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    awwwww what?? thats not cool ... i just got this phone in january and it seems like its not even going to get any more updates ?

    i want a new phone :P

  14. #74
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm gonna make an attempt on this. I'm new to BB and have the 8330 curve.

  15. #75
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, if you can not tell, I'm a NooB. I downloaded. Made the folder that was in the initial post. Extracted all files to the folder. "Tried" to update handheld and it couldn't find the file of the file extension it asks for. I went through the file loader.exe and shrink os too.

  16. #76
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bocaccio View Post
    Well, if you can not tell, I'm a NooB. I downloaded. Made the folder that was in the initial post. Extracted all files to the folder. "Tried" to update handheld and it couldn't find the file of the file extension it asks for. I went through the file loader.exe and shrink os too.
    When you download the hybrid, and try to run it, it will not run, unless you have a base OS installed. So, you need a straight OS downloaded and installed to PC, then install hybrid....also, if you got past these steps and the loader cannot find the OS, check to make sure you deleted the vendor.xml file, which is located in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and scroll down to bottom.

  17. #77
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    0 times
    If i got past them i don't know how i did. Because i have NO base os installed. I guess i'll have to figure that out first.

  18. #78
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Here are instructions for you

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install base OS to PC
    3. Download the hybrid of choice
    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone

  19. #79
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    0 times
    Your awesome!!!! I can follow those directions, only thing is to my knowledge I don't have an os installed at all. I'll get it figured out this week. I'll be in a hotel during the week with the nat guard with nothing to do (that is after i get all my work done in class w/ AIU)

    Thanks again!!!

  20. #80
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Here are instructions for you

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install base OS to PC
    3. Download the hybrid of choice
    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
    olta I am going to use your instructions to better assist bacaccio

    Quote Originally Posted by bocaccio View Post
    Your awesome!!!! I can follow those directions, only thing is to my knowledge I don't have an os installed at all. I'll get it figured out this week. I'll be in a hotel during the week with the nat guard with nothing to do (that is after i get all my work done in class w/ AIU)

    Thanks again!!!

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs

    2. Download and install base OS to PC HERE Make sure you install before continuing

    3. Download the hybrid of choice use this one

    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS, with the one you are using you will find the location you want to install the hybrid C>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files>4.5.0.138.. select there and then extract.


    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)Make sure you do this use oltas sig for help
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)

    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically) if you are not used to or still a newb you may want to hold off on this.
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe to find loader.exe open mycomputer>C>programfiles>commonfiles>researchinmo tion>apploader>make sure that the vendor.xml file has been deleted, then like olta said double click on loader.exe

    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager

    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •