Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 80 of 221

  1. #73
    Alternet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    awwwww what?? thats not cool ... i just got this phone in january and it seems like its not even going to get any more updates ?

    i want a new phone :P



  2. #74
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    I'm gonna make an attempt on this. I'm new to BB and have the 8330 curve.

  3. #75
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Well, if you can not tell, I'm a NooB. I downloaded. Made the folder that was in the initial post. Extracted all files to the folder. "Tried" to update handheld and it couldn't find the file of the file extension it asks for. I went through the file loader.exe and shrink os too.



  4. #76
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by bocaccio View Post
    Well, if you can not tell, I'm a NooB. I downloaded. Made the folder that was in the initial post. Extracted all files to the folder. "Tried" to update handheld and it couldn't find the file of the file extension it asks for. I went through the file loader.exe and shrink os too.
    When you download the hybrid, and try to run it, it will not run, unless you have a base OS installed. So, you need a straight OS downloaded and installed to PC, then install hybrid....also, if you got past these steps and the loader cannot find the OS, check to make sure you deleted the vendor.xml file, which is located in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and scroll down to bottom.

  5. #77
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    If i got past them i don't know how i did. Because i have NO base os installed. I guess i'll have to figure that out first.



  6. #78
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Wirelessly posted

    Here are instructions for you

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install base OS to PC
    3. Download the hybrid of choice
    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone

  7. #79
    bocaccio's Avatar
    bocaccio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow bocaccio On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Your awesome!!!! I can follow those directions, only thing is to my knowledge I don't have an os installed at all. I'll get it figured out this week. I'll be in a hotel during the week with the nat guard with nothing to do (that is after i get all my work done in class w/ AIU)

    Thanks again!!!

  8. #80
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Here are instructions for you

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install base OS to PC
    3. Download the hybrid of choice
    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
    olta I am going to use your instructions to better assist bacaccio

    Quote Originally Posted by bocaccio View Post
    Your awesome!!!! I can follow those directions, only thing is to my knowledge I don't have an os installed at all. I'll get it figured out this week. I'll be in a hotel during the week with the nat guard with nothing to do (that is after i get all my work done in class w/ AIU)

    Thanks again!!!

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs

    2. Download and install base OS to PC HERE Make sure you install before continuing

    3. Download the hybrid of choice use this one

    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS, with the one you are using you will find the location you want to install the hybrid C>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files>4.5.0.138.. select there and then extract.


    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)Make sure you do this use oltas sig for help
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)

    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically) if you are not used to or still a newb you may want to hold off on this.
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe to find loader.exe open mycomputer>C>programfiles>commonfiles>researchinmo tion>apploader>make sure that the vendor.xml file has been deleted, then like olta said double click on loader.exe

    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager

    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •