Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 209 to 216 of 247

  1. #209
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    36
    So I've been running v6 (.148 sfi) for 4.5 days. I agree with everyone about the positives. This hybrid is great! Runs very smooth on my storm.

    However, I continue to have a memory leak somewhere. I boot up at 51MB and have seen it drop to 30-32MB. Unfortunately, the couple times it's dropped that low, I get a reboot. When it gets that low, I still see zero lag on the phone. I typically have not had that bad of memory leak or even reboots for that matter. Now, I will say I've never wiped my phone before any OS install and I've loaded about all of them (leaks & hybrids). Do you think I finally have some corrupt files?

    I also have the "flicker" occasionally and it seems to be getting worse.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.



  2. #210
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .75 :(
    Posts
    8
    So where can we get this and where can i find out what exactly a Hybrid OS is why its so different?

    Please help me understand... Thank you!

  3. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenroy View Post
    So where can we get this and where can i find out what exactly a Hybrid OS is why its so different?

    Please help me understand... Thank you!
    A hybrid OS takes all the best files from different OS's released. Here is the link to the thread to pick it up http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-everyone.html Also keep in mine the "v6-90" option uses the radio from 4.7.0.90 so use with caution!



  4. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    A hybrid OS takes all the best files from different OS's released. Here is the link to the thread to pick it up http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-everyone.html Also keep in mine the "v6-90" option uses the radio from 4.7.0.90 so use with caution!
    Stiefler is right about using V6 .90 with caution but as i said in my post above ,if you do have patience. .90 rocks if you can get it ti work for you.:bigok:

  5. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by soupmeister View Post
    Stiefler is right about using V6 .90 with caution but as i said in my post above ,if you do have patience. .90 rocks if you can get it ti work for you.:bigok:
    I agree, and it seems like it takes a few days for the radio to settle in after all the reboots and freezes and VSOD's. Im just not patient :lmao:



  6. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Yes, The Hybrids have always worked better for me than the straight leaked OS's.

    But the .90 sfi and my phone don't go together well, and the improved color and bigger keys weren't enough to wait out a few days to see if .90 would settle on my phone.

  7. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Yes, The Hybrids have always worked better for me than the straight leaked OS's.

    But the .90 sfi and my phone don't go together well, and the improved color and bigger keys weren't enough to wait out a few days to see if .90 would settle on my phone.
    That's too bad. But I didn't have any major problems so to speak and believe me I'm not usually a patient person. Just had the odd freeze here and there and inconsistent memory. No BT issues etc. I probably did 8-10 battery pulls over a the 7 days and now it is working as it should. I just hope it holds up until BBC hits us with V7.

  8. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Soup, you're one of the lucky ones when it comes to .90. I got the VSOD after the 1st and 2nd battery pull. Phone loaded okay after the 3rd, but after I loaded back my apps and restored my backup and did a 4th battery pull, I got stuck with the VSOD again. I don't give up easily, so I tried 2 more battery pulls, but got the VSOD each time. VSOD on 5 out of 6 tries was enough for me. But I'm glad .90 is working for you and the others!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •