This Hybrid is for the BOLD 9000.
I recommend uninstalling any other OS’s from your computer and running CCleaner (both file and registry with all options selected other than “wipe free space”) to ensure a clean install.
THE INSTALLER WILL NOW WIPE THE DEVICE,
SO PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE RUNNING THE INSTALLER!
How to install
- Disable phone password
- Make a back-up of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Install JSL 9000 v5.0 using the installer package, run it as an administrator
- Selectively restore your data
It is recommended to do the selective restore after the initial bootup before you press 'ok' on the EULA screen.
This build consists of: 188.8.131.527/184.108.40.2068/220.127.116.114/18.104.22.1684
- Includes almost full 1074 Java
- Supports all languages!
- Extra backgrounds and sample music has been removed.
- All carrier garbage has been meticulously removed
- Includes updated Precision Zen 6 theme (v22.214.171.1244)
- Blackberry Messenger (126.96.36.199)
- GMail Plugin (v188.8.131.52)
- Documents2Go (v2.0005.105)
- Appworld (v184.108.40.206)
- Twitter (v220.127.116.11) & Facbook (v18.104.22.168)
- Extra Apps Include: Dcom Mobile (v2.0), Foursquare (1.9.85), Weathereye (v22.214.171.124), and PlayerforYouTube (v1.2.89)
Known bugs: None. Updated Installers with fixed vad_engine_resource cods.
Memory, Battery, And Performance are all amazing, East Asian inputs and issues have been fixed.
If you have issues with service books go into Options>Advanced Options>Service Books and type ALT+SBEB then restore your backup again.
The first couple reboots will take a longer than normal, specifically the first one. Battery life may not be optimal until the device settles. If you have it loaded and are experiencing problems, consider wiping and reloading before posting the problem!
About Screen/Help Screen
If you're unsure about whether the hybrid installed; go to (Options)>(Applications), switch from 'Third Party' to 'Core' and pay close attention to the listing.