Willyboy 9000 v1.2 .509/.536/.545
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Willyboy 9000 v1.2 .509/.536/.545

  1. #1
    willyboy6's Avatar
    willyboy6 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow willyboy6 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    9630/9530/9000/8530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    83
    Liked
    0 times

    Willyboy 9000 v1.2 .509/.536/.545

    This is a hybrid for the Bold 9000 device. This is meant to install over the 5.0.0.509 base OS, however it will run with the .464 radio if you are interested in swapping. It will NOT work with the .411 radio. I recommend uninstalling any other OS’s off of your computer and running CCleaner to ensure a clean install. After you install the base OS, run the Willyboy 9000 v1.2.exe and finish the install.

    Once you exit the installer, Shrink-A-OS will pop up and give you an opportunity to make the OS you load smaller! This is so valuable for 9000 users because of limited app space. I would recommend shrinking out any and all languages that you do not need. Feel free to shrink out any games or other features and apps that you do not use. However, do NOT shrink out default themes, ringtones, or wallpapers. This will cause your device to not run properly.

    Once you are satisfied and have “shrunk”, you can wipe if you choose to. After this, it is time to click the “launch loader” button.

    This is a .509/.536/.545 build.

    350+ .509 files
    140+ .536 files
    650+ .545 files

    I have found the browser to be faster than v1.1 since adding the .545 files. My Bold booted in 1 minute and 15 seconds with 20 apps loaded on it and full information databases. Overall UI transitions are seamless and the browser hardly lags at all. Apps load very quickly, scrolling through pictures is instant, GPS locks on very fast, and I haven’t seen one spinning clock since loading. I fixed a couple minor things that people requested and I also enhanced the blue tooth as well. I am enjoying this build!!!

    About screen will read .509 with this build. .509 radio is platform 5.2.0.50 and .464 radio if you choose to use is 5.2.0.41. To ensure installation, check applications>modules and scroll for files listed above or read system using BBSAK to verify. The first boot took an abnormally long time for me. Please don't let this scare you. I promise once you get past that first load you will be impressed and satisfied. I found there to be minimal memory leak and I got great battery life while running it.

    Overall, another solid and reliable build. There are no bugs that I could find, it’s an easy load, it comes with some great tools, and as always you can count on great user support . I hope you enjoy my work and thanks for the support. Please post your findings and feedback below.

    Download now!-->http://driphter.com/index.php?action...=view;down=153
    Last edited by willyboy6; 03-11-2010 at 11:03 AM.




  2. #2
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey i installed new OS and is doing a battery pull. Seema very nice as i had no start up problems. and everything was smooth. Will come back again in a while . Thanks man great job.

  3. #3
    pithanks is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Device
    bold 9000
    OS
    5.0 464
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    version of media related cods is 509 instead of 536/545

    I experienced video lag with 509 official release but your wb 1.1 was not so I was very impressed with your great job. However 1.2's media modules have 509 version tag. Could you check this out please? I've attached cod list here. wb1 for willyboy 1.1 and wb2 for willyboy 1.2

    Thank in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pithanks; 03-11-2010 at 11:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Don Henry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    PIN
    2098BB23
    Device
    9000
    OS
    Willlboy v4.1
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times

    Radio Swap

    Hi Willboy,

    I was running and very impressed with V1.1 - now, am running V1.2 and it is EVEN BETTER!! GREAT JOB!!!

    However, I do have a question RE your message in the 1.2 OP about swapping radios: on SOAS, when I did the pull down for the various OSs to swap with, it did not list either .509 or .464 (was hoping to use the radio from .464 which seemed to have good call quality when I was running that one) - it only went up to .190

    Am I doing something wrong - can you tell me how to do the swap? I realize that this is not your job, but hoping you can give a fellow Crackberry freak some guidance!

    Thanks in advance,

    DonH

  5. #5
    norbu is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    PIN
    love
    Device
    bold
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Willy,

    Thanks for these great hybrids. Just 1 question, how do i include chinese fonts and input support into this hybrid?

  6. #6
    warbmaster is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    9000
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Willy,
    very well develop hybrids once again...thank you so much

  7. #7
    willyboy6's Avatar
    willyboy6 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow willyboy6 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    9630/9530/9000/8530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    83
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pithanks View Post
    I experienced video lag with 509 official release but your wb 1.1 was not so I was very impressed with your great job. However 1.2's media modules have 509 version tag. Could you check this out please? I've attached cod list here. wb1 for willyboy 1.1 and wb2 for willyboy 1.2

    Thank in advance.
    Thank you for pointing this out! I will be sure to fix this in my next build and keep the media player files as recent as possible!


    @Donhenry, you are not doing anything wrong..... the Shrink-A-OS program is a little outdated... It will not work with swapping out radios currently. In the future I plan on releasing an .exe that allows users to pick the radio

    Please stay tuned!

    @norbu, I will look in to the Chinese font support

    Thank you all for your support and feedback! It means a lot and it is the reason I will keep building these hybrids!!

  8. #8
    Loquitur is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    Latest Hybrid Available
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't download it. The site redirected me to main forum. please help

  9. #9
    willyboy6's Avatar
    willyboy6 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow willyboy6 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    9630/9530/9000/8530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    83
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loquitur View Post
    I can't download it. The site redirected me to main forum. please help
    My apologies, we were doing some scheduled maintenance on our site last night. It should be up and running fine now!

  10. #10
    Don Henry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    PIN
    2098BB23
    Device
    9000
    OS
    Willlboy v4.1
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=willyboy6;189352]Thank you for pointing this out! I will be sure to fix this in my next build and keep the media player files as recent as possible!


    @Donhenry, you are not doing anything wrong..... the Shrink-A-OS program is a little outdated... It will not work with swapping out radios currently. In the future I plan on releasing an .exe that allows users to pick the radio

    Please stay tuned!

    Willyboy, thanks for the response on the radio swap . . I will look forward to the new .exe!!!

    DonH

  11. #11
    conquerorxts is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    1 times
    I've took this build and have extremely fast boot up,can't believe it !! it takes me less 1min to boot up!! Haha,thx willyboy! Great job!
    Posted via mobile device

  12. #12
    gman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    thnxs buddy... :bandit:

    will try this 2morrow...

    so does ur build improves 509 radio or does it swap w/464 radio...?
    just wondering... :crazy:

    look 4ward to more of ur work... :hail:


    paz...:1244:

  13. #13
    alexander_ekin's Avatar
    alexander_ekin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow alexander_ekin On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indonesia
    Device
    9000 and 9550
    OS
    MY Newest Hybrids
    Posts
    244
    Liked
    2 times

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by willyboy6 View Post
    This is a hybrid for the Bold 9000 device. This is meant to install over the 5.0.0.509 base OS, however it will run with the .464 radio if you are interested in swapping. It will NOT work with the .411 radio. I recommend uninstalling any other OS’s off of your computer and running CCleaner to ensure a clean install. After you install the base OS, run the Willyboy 9000 v1.2.exe and finish the install.

    Once you exit the installer, Shrink-A-OS will pop up and give you an opportunity to make the OS you load smaller! This is so valuable for 9000 users because of limited app space. I would recommend shrinking out any and all languages that you do not need. Feel free to shrink out any games or other features and apps that you do not use. However, do NOT shrink out default themes, ringtones, or wallpapers. This will cause your device to not run properly.

    Once you are satisfied and have “shrunk”, you can wipe if you choose to. After this, it is time to click the “launch loader” button.

    This is a .509/.536/.545 build.

    350+ .509 files
    140+ .536 files
    650+ .545 files

    I have found the browser to be faster than v1.1 since adding the .545 files. My Bold booted in 1 minute and 15 seconds with 20 apps loaded on it and full information databases. Overall UI transitions are seamless and the browser hardly lags at all. Apps load very quickly, scrolling through pictures is instant, GPS locks on very fast, and I haven’t seen one spinning clock since loading. I fixed a couple minor things that people requested and I also enhanced the blue tooth as well. I am enjoying this build!!!

    About screen will read .509 with this build. .509 radio is platform 5.2.0.50 and .464 radio if you choose to use is 5.2.0.41. To ensure installation, check applications>modules and scroll for files listed above or read system using BBSAK to verify. The first boot took an abnormally long time for me. Please don't let this scare you. I promise once you get past that first load you will be impressed and satisfied. I found there to be minimal memory leak and I got great battery life while running it.

    Overall, another solid and reliable build. There are no bugs that I could find, it’s an easy load, it comes with some great tools, and as always you can count on great user support . I hope you enjoy my work and thanks for the support. Please post your findings and feedback below.

    Download now!-->Driphter.com - Willyboy 9000 v1.2 .509/.536/.545

    @willyboy6 great Job bro, have very stable hybrid os and faster download speed. i suggest all bold user to try to used this hybrid

  14. #14
    carlospr21 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    Willyboy v4 Hybrid .610
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    bro i love ur hybrid very nice and stable super fast no lag great battery life its allsome + i did a little mod on ur hybrid like updated music player, address book, bluetooth, sms to .545 and it runs great thanks hope to see some more of ur hybrids for 9000 in the future

  15. #15
    gman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr21 View Post
    bro i love ur hybrid very nice and stable super fast no lag great battery life its allsome + i did a little mod on ur hybrid like updated music player, address book, bluetooth, sms to .545 and it runs great thanks hope to see some more of ur hybrids for 9000 in the future
    hope u can help me here bra...

    when he says "and .464 radio if you choose to use is 5.2.0.41"
    what does he mean by "if u choose"???

    i definitely want 464 radio and im about to install this puppy... but that just sounded strange...

    i already DL willyboy's piece and got as far as "shrink a OS" but did not see anything in regards to "choosing radios"

  16. #16
    willyboy6's Avatar
    willyboy6 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow willyboy6 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    9630/9530/9000/8530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    83
    Liked
    0 times
    Please check out my v1.3 hybrid I just released minutes ago. I will release v1.4 later in the week with a .509 base and a built in installer that will allow you to choose between .509 and .464 radio's. Until then, enjoy the blazing fast speed and amazing battery life of v1.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    gman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by willyboy6 View Post
    Please check out my v1.3 hybrid I just released minutes ago. I will release v1.4 later in the week with a .509 base and a built in installer that will allow you to choose between .509 and .464 radio's. Until then, enjoy the blazing fast speed and amazing battery life of v1.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    thnxs buddy...!!! :bandit:

    i installed last nite and... all is good...
    luvin da speed but... still have issues w/bluetooth + radio [EDIT: + video/all my mp4 formats sound outsync images within +/- 10 min]...

    [also found that can no longer access option to delete "input" languages, any reason why ? b4 i used to be able to go to Options>setup>setup wizard>language and text input and delete from there but not anymore -personally found SAOS 2b more confusing than useful-]...


    so... looking forward to any comments/tips and... that 464 radio upgrade + EDIT: 464 media pkg ? [seems that 509 is also buggy in that area]... :1244:



    u rooooooockkkkk.... :hail:
    Last edited by gman; 03-15-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: adding comments

  18. #18
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    currently installing 1.2~ I had battery issues with .411 and 1.3 Hope this version will be better for my bb

  19. #19
    gman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    china
    PIN
    9999999
    Device
    BOLD 9000
    OS
    willyboy v3.1
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    0 times

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by willyboy6 View Post
    Please check out my v1.3 hybrid I just released minutes ago. I will release v1.4 later in the week with a .509 base and a built in installer that will allow you to choose between .509 and .464 radio's. Until then, enjoy the blazing fast speed and amazing battery life of v1.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by heartnet View Post
    currently installing 1.2~ I had battery issues with .411 and 1.3 Hope this version will be better for my bb

    cool :laugh2:

    let us know how u like v1.2 pang yao...! :1244:

  20. #20
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    cool :laugh2:

    let us know how u like v1.2 pang yao...! :1244:
    my battery went from 100% to 95% in no less than 10 mins.. i was just downloading the facebook app.. oh well.. I'll report back if there will be some battery issues. browser is fast though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •