Its blazing fast no doubt but this is an issue whch is not helping me.
Hey Mindy, I had the same problem. Did you shrink or remove files from Java. If so reinstall without removing anything. It was a quick fix for me and kept me from pulling my hear out.
Shrink an OS is a new tool to a lot of bold 9000 hybrid users. This is a great tool but use it wisely. Make sure you are not shrinking out items from the builld that cold make the device not work properly.
Things to stay away from when shrinking
Default settings like
Takings things out like this can lead to problems in the os. So just stear clear.
It is okay to shrink a lot of the items out. Make sure you just stay clear of the default items mentioned above.
I will add in later what i typically shrink out with a Screen shot of my saos
Just sample of what I normally shrink... with great results...
I got it working. Lollllll first ever hybrid working on my bold. Had tried so many times in last one yesr and had failed but this time bingo. Fast and furious, lot of memory for me 35mb. max i had was 31. and so far holding up without a reboot. Great work.:D:D:D:D Thanks again
Oh just so all are clear. This is willyboy6's awesome new Hybrid.
You can see more from him coming up soon from the site in profile line. Driphter.com
Thanks bbos for having an awesome bold following to get this out to the masses.
All I can say is WOW. Just finished installing, rebooting, restoring and entering all my registration keys. I have 44.4 MB memory right now. I don't think it has ever been that high with apps installed. I did do this install a little different than I have done in the past, so I don't know if that contributed to it, and I thought I would share the steps I took incase it might help someone else.
I have dropped to 41.1 since I started typing this (I'm not on my phone doing this), but I don't think that is bad. I had to go on the browser to get to my yahoo email account to get some of the download links I had saved there to load the additional apps and the browser was very fast. I had quite a few hour glass moments with the last hybrid I had, but haven't seen any so far with this one.
- Uninstalled all OSs on PC
- Deleted the OS folder that remained in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files" folder
- Rebooted PC
- Opened Blackberry Desktop Manager and did a one-way sync of contacts, etc. to PC and did a backup.
- Opened BBSAK and clicked Backup Apps
- Installed Wind Hellas .509 OS on PC
- Rebooted PC
- Installed this hybrid
- In Shrink-a-OS removed basically the same settings as Jasper0201
- Opened BBSAK and clicked Wipe Device and waited until I got the 507 code on phone screen and exited BBSAK
- Went into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" folder and double-clicked on the Loader.exe and then I selected the apps I felt I had to have on device (I was more selective than I have been in the past, but still selected about 12 apps) and then clicked next and let it install.
- When it was done and the home screen was up I safely disconnected from PC and checked my memory - I was at 43 MB. I did 3 battery pulls with over a minute with the battery out each time. At the last pull I checked my memory and it was at 48.9 - WOW.
- Opened Blackberry Desktop Manager and instead of just clicking on the restore button, I went into the advanced section and opened my last backup. I very selectively chose which databases to restore.
- Pulled battery again and then loaded a few more apps since my memory was so good.
I will post more next week after I have had a chance to use my phone normally and the OS has had a chance to settle in.
As of right now I highly recommend everyone try this one!!! Thanks Willyboy6 for the great job!! :D:D
If you use or need that application simply do not shrink it. I do not use it.
Keep up the feedback guys, and let your friends know about willyboy's new hybrid. :D:D:D:cool:
this build seems great! i will installed it tomorrow and give my feedback!!
Posted via mobile device
hey jasper0201, I have 2 observation. My memry runs down very fast. And start up time is way too much. Almost 2 minute plus. Any suggestion? Else battery life is good surfing as you said is blazing fast.
Hey Mindy, thanks for your reply.
This is quite odd to say the least. Other users have seen not only said that the browser has been lightning fast, and battery life has been better than expected/normal but that the boot time has been extraordinarly quick 1m30s or better.
Have you been doing bat pulls ( making sure the battery is out longer than 30 secs)
After a few good more bat pulls and one more day of settling time let me know
how things go. I will let will know of this and see what he thinks as well.
Also, this was loaded over a fresh os install, and did you wipe before installing?
Also which apps are you running? have you heard of berryjoose, a memory cleaner/optimizer that can help the overall os hybrid or not. And I saw you had some troubles loading the first time becuase of shrink, the second time around did you shrink again and just stay away from the default settings like I had mentioned?
Ya I did battery pulls to no effect. Still the time taken for start up is 2+ and memory goes down very fast. But I saw that if you constantly use he phone then not only memory stedies but gains some ground too. Yep will post again tomorrow. Thanks jasper0201
Hey your a quick reply. I edited some of my previous post to try and dig a little further.