Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 14

  1. #1
    OneOfaKindDPC's Avatar
    OneOfaKindDPC is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SC, originally Boston, MA
    Device
    STORM 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.
    Posts
    218

    OOAKDPC 95X0 464v2 Hybrid

    OOAKDPC 95X0 464v2 Hybrid

    This is still a work in progress, please keep that in mind. These are all the files I've been able to make work so far.

    I have decided not to make the installer

    Un-Shrunk Versions
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...v2unshrunk.rar -zip

    Shrunk Versions
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...idv2shrunk.rar -zip





    this is the entire 459 java folder,
    9 .451
    117 .464 files
    with bbm 5.0.0.57, app world, facebook, docs to go etc...


    It is only the java, apps, and tools folders

    Installation:

    Install your base:

    9530 users: 419

    9500 users: 451

    9520 users: 436

    9550 users: 428

    delete the java folder in the base OS from your pc
    (You can find the OS folders in X:/Program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/your os)

    install the hybrid (with the installer version you have to choose the os folder to install to)

    Shows .464 in the Help>About Screen

    For more help with installation please check out this...

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...tructions.html

    ENJOY!



  2. #2
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159

    Thanks for the Update

    Thanks for this OOAKDPC.

    v1 wouldn't load BB Maps for me, which I use a lot. v2 loads BB Maps.

    After reinstall of everything, running at 39.6 MB. All apps seem to be working great.

    I'll use for a few days and report back any issues.

  3. #3
    tank244's Avatar
    tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by acme anvil View Post
    Thanks for this OOAKDPC.

    v1 wouldn't load BB Maps for me, which I use a lot. v2 loads BB Maps.

    After reinstall of everything, running at 39.6 MB. All apps seem to be working great.

    I'll use for a few days and report back any issues.
    About to install myself --- Version 1 was awesome --- created a GPS fix so it was almost perfect for me --- Keyboard lag revisited every now and then and thats my BIGGEST PET PEAVE! :aargh4: ha --- it wasnt all the time but it was enough to aggravate me -- V1 had the .451 virtual keyboard file --- Im going to see what version this Hybrid has --- Im wondering in the .320 virtual keyboard file would work well on this. .320 never produced lag for me --- any opinions????

    Here is the GPS Fix if anyone has problems with BB Maps on this.


    A Faster way to do this is when you get the .cod file you are going to use to replace the .cods already on the phone, you can actually just use BBSAK and the Install CODS option -- it will simply over write the .cods on the phone and it will reboot itself. Piece of cake

    My process was find out on the phone what .cods to use via modules --
    then I deleted BB Maps from the phone
    Installed .428 on my PC
    I then installed Lyricidals .451 Hybrid over it ***********you dont have to do this, I just wanted the .442 BB Maps Files
    Copied the proper .cods necessary for BB Maps from the Java folder to desktop
    Used the INSTALL CODS option in BBSAK and installed them at the same time
    DONE - phone will reboot


    Here are the names of the .CODS you need for BB Maps

    net_rim_bb_gas.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__en.cod
    Last edited by tank244; 02-04-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: to add



  4. #4
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Thanks for sharing your solution!

  5. #5
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    About to install myself --- Version 1 was awesome --- created a GPS fix so it was almost perfect for me --- Keyboard lag revisited every now and then and thats my BIGGEST PET PEAVE! :aargh4: ha --- it wasnt all the time but it was enough to aggravate me -- V1 had the .451 virtual keyboard file --- Im going to see what version this Hybrid has --- Im wondering in the .320 virtual keyboard file would work well on this. .320 never produced lag for me --- any opinions????

    Here is the GPS Fix if anyone has problems with BB Maps on this.


    A Faster way to do this is when you get the .cod file you are going to use to replace the .cods already on the phone, you can actually just use BBSAK and the Install CODS option -- it will simply over write the .cods on the phone and it will reboot itself. Piece of cake

    My process was find out on the phone what .cods to use via modules --
    then I deleted BB Maps from the phone
    Installed .428 on my PC
    I then installed Lyricidals .451 Hybrid over it ***********you dont have to do this, I just wanted the .442 BB Maps Files
    Copied the proper .cods necessary for BB Maps from the Java folder to desktop
    Used the INSTALL CODS option in BBSAK and installed them at the same time
    DONE - phone will reboot


    Here are the names of the .CODS you need for BB Maps

    net_rim_bb_gas.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__en.cod
    Last edited by tank244; 02-04-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: to add
    v2 is using .459 BB Maps files.



  6. #6
    tank244's Avatar
    tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by acme anvil View Post
    v2 is using .459 BB Maps files.
    NICE! --- Just Shrunk and installed -- Its almost done loading --- I'm def excited --- Curious about what Virtual Keyboard .COD is in this Hybrid -- i was going to look before installing but decided just to wait ---

    Ok, Time for battery pulls







    Darn, it's the .451 virtual keyboard file --- its been the best one so far but still lags every now and then --- If it lags I might try the .320 File
    Last edited by tank244; 02-06-2010 at 06:21 PM.

  7. #7
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    NICE! --- Just Shrunk and installed -- Its almost done loading --- I'm def excited --- Curious about what Virtual Keyboard .COD is in this Hybrid -- i was going to look before installing but decided just to wait ---

    Ok, Time for battery pulls







    Darn, it's the .451 virtual keyboard file --- its been the best one so far but still lags every now and then --- If it lags I might try the .320 File

    Let us know how the .320 COD works if you decide to load it. I'm curious how it works for you.

  8. #8
    tank244's Avatar
    tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by acme anvil View Post

    Let us know how the .320 COD works if you decide to load it. I'm curious how it works for you.
    Ok -- def! ALl you gotta do is get the .cod from .320 OS -- just install it on your PC then connect your phone, open BBSAK, Read system then select Install COD --- go to the JAVA folder of .320 and select net_rim_BB_virtual keyboard.
    BBSAK will install it and it just overwrites the previous file -- your phone will reboot itself and there ya go.

    If you dont like the result, just repeat this process but choose the .451 keyboard file from the JAVA folder from the Hybrid OS on your PC


    I might do this but I wanted OOAKDPC's opinion first -- I did notice that the .320 file size is smaller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •