Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 42

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by awill300 View Post
    add or replace java?
    If you are asking about the patch...just ADD those files to the java and they will replace the old ones.

    If you are asking about the hybrid....then if you are NOT using the installer version, you would replace the Java.

    either way...there ya go.



  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GA
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Hybrid
    Posts
    354
    Thanks

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    You are quite welcome.

    I just loaded this patch and it processed just fine.



  4. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    You are quite welcome.

    I just loaded this patch and it processed just fine.
    Not to beat a deadhorse but I just want to confirm install procedure. The OP directions are straight forward but there's other direction within this thread (Same OS) If I understand correctly, Load 428 to PC (shrink or not after load), Remove Java folder from 428 and replace with OOAK's Hybrid (shrunk or unshrunk), unzipp patch to Java folder and use BBSAK, apploader, or SAOS to load OS into phone? Did I miss a step or am I correct. Sorry to have you repeat yourself again!

  5. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    No..just 1 too many shrinks. Load 428 to PC..replace java with OOAK java. Add files from patch to java.Now SHRINK,(if you did not use preshrunk version)...and then Load to phone.
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by Orio; 01-22-2010 at 12:13 AM.



  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by OneOfaKindDPC View Post
    442 patch This will replace most of the remaining 436 files with 442 files (add to java folder and install the OS)
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...PC442patch.rar -zip
    I give up on 428..The ringtone issue remains I do have a question for you though! Will 451H and this patch work on Official 320? If not, I will just stick to 320 until a full OS is released or leaked.

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    I give up on 428..The ringtone issue remains I do have a question for you though! Will 451H and this patch work on Official 320? If not, I will just stick to 320 until a full OS is released or leaked.
    The way I understand this hybrid is, that it mainly utilizes an older radio file for your storm, since there is no newer one for s2 out there, and provides the newest compatible JAVA. So this sounds to me, that it could work with the 451H and 320 radio. But this would also mean, that you have to be careful to retain the 320 radio during installation - meaning, that you only should replace the java, but leave the 320 CDMA folder unchanged from 320 install on your PC.

    Maybe you would like to contact/PM OOAK for a confirmation on this.
    Last edited by breiti; 01-22-2010 at 02:15 AM.

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    The way I understand this hybrid is, that it mainly utilizes an older radio file for your storm, since there is no newer one for s2 out there, and provides the newest compatible JAVA. So this sounds to me, that it could work with the 451H and 320 radio. But this would also mean, that you have to be careful to retain the 320 radio during installation - meaning, that you only should replace the java, but leave the 320 CDMA folder unchanged from 320 install on your PC.

    Maybe you would like to contact/PM OOAK for a confirmation on this.
    Thank you very much for replying so quickly. I appreciate it Very much. I intended to do exactly what you directed to do in order to install 451H over 320. What about the browser or 442 patches? should I attempt those as well? I would love to have that fast browser.It worked w/428.. I will PM OOAK and hope he replies. OOAK is hard to contact..I guess he's too busy at times...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •