9530 - 5.0.0.419/425/428 Hybrid Findings and Fixes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: 9530 - 5.0.0.419/425/428 Hybrid Findings and Fixes

  1. #1
    lyricidal is offline Hybrid Specialist Follow lyricidal On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    PIN
    #PinFriday
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    .1049 hybrid v2
    Posts
    402
    Liked
    7 times

    9530 - 5.0.0.419/425/428 Hybrid Findings and Fixes

    Download Here
    Big thanks to frostyrip at Crackberry.com for supplying the .419 OTA
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This hybrid includes:
    - Either Full . 419 Java or Full . 425 Java or Full . 428 Java
    - .419 radio
    - BBM 5.0.0.56
    - Updated: App World, Facebook, Docs2Go
    - BBHybrids Launcher (Optional)
    - Shrink-A-OS (Optional, but recommended)
    - BBSAK (Optional, excellent tool)
    - BlackBerry Master Control Program (Optional, another excellent tool)
    - Multi-language Support

    Instructions:
    1. Install 5.0.0.328 to PC
    2. Install this over 5.0.0.328 folder
    2a. Shrink your OS if you want
    3. Install to phone
    Download Here

    To Show Pop-up keys:
    - Go To Options > Screen/Keyboard > Show Key Indicator > Always
    Last edited by lyricidal; 12-20-2009 at 09:38 AM.


    BlackBerry Hybrids - Check here for the latest hybrids
    Telus 9550 Storm2 running 5.0.0.1015/1049 Hybrid v2 + BBHybrids Tool: Shrink-A-OS
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers


  2. #2
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Lyricidal,

    The download link on bbhybrids doesn't seem to be working

  3. #3
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Liked
    0 times
    A link here would be nice. BBhybrids is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow getting on the stick. No download yet. bah, humbug...

    thanks, link works now.
    Last edited by Bugly; 12-19-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: update
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

  4. #4
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    There was a megaupload link posted in the discussion thread on bbhybrids, page 2 i think.

    Its .419

    then i found .428 for the 9550 and copied its Java onto .419

    Works great - got ghost keys back, and they look very nice in this version.

  5. #5
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    There was a megaupload link posted in the discussion thread on bbhybrids, page 2 i think.

    Its .419

    then i found .428 for the 9550 and copied its Java onto .419

    Works great - got ghost keys back, and they look very nice in this version.
    I cant seem to find the .428 d/l link there, can you post the d/l if you have it!

  6. #6
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times

  7. #7
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like the Email/sms Link issue has been fixed in this build

  8. #8
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    Good looks..Am Tryin now..

  9. #9
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    There was a megaupload link posted in the discussion thread on bbhybrids, page 2 i think.

    Its .419

    then i found .428 for the 9550 and copied its Java onto .419

    Works great - got ghost keys back, and they look very nice in this version.
    I think I did what you did but I May have done something wrong but I dont know..I got an app eror 200 after i bootup and White screen...I waqs able to Wipe phone again and I loaded something else. Would you mind posting a quick but effective directions on how you did it and were able to get GKs back..Appreciate it,,

  10. #10
    Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    On the discussion thread on bbhybrids, a specific .cod was found to cause boot up issues - this cod needs to be removed.

    Otherwise...

    I just downloaded that .419 zip which contained the cdma and java folders.

    I deleted that troublesome cod from my .328 java, and checked to make sure it wasnt in the .419 java.

    Then i simply copied the .419 java and cdma into .328 - and reloaded my phone. I didnt even bother wiping it first.

    After that worked, I decided I wanted to upgrade to .428 - so I replaced the .419 java in my .328 folder with the .428 java from 9550.

    I left the cdma folder as .419

    And reloaded. My phone now shows as .428, has popup keys, the email link issue is gone, and its very smooth and fast.

    Best OS yet !


    EDIT: Looks like the proper .exe is back up at bbhybrids - it should have the troublesome .cod issue fixed. Id try using that rather than piecing it together like i did.
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 12-19-2009 at 09:03 PM.

  11. #11
    d_1000's Avatar
    d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago 'Burbs †
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Posts
    322
    Liked
    0 times
    There are three versions available with the download: .419, .425 and .428.

    I first loaded .419 with the installer over .328 and all seemed to be working well, except when I made phone calls....The other person could only hear me if I selected speaker instead of handset. In addition, my speed dial would only work once unless I rebooted.... so being the OS junkie that I am, I moved on...

    I then wiped, reinstalled .328 and ran the hybrid installer and chose .425 and the handset speaker issue is now gone. There still is an issue with speed dial, but I have Vlingo, so I will just use that instead. Memory is stable and al apps work. Pop up keys are here to stay!! :banana: .

    For those of you who need the 3G symbol, it was not there for either .419 or .425, but I can not speak for .428

    Last night there was not an .exe file available, but there is now...

    I hope this helps, for me it was a go, but I would also like to see a new hybrid from BBC..., but maybe another official release is coming.

    ROCKS

  12. #12
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    On the discussion thread on bbhybrids, a specific .cod was found to cause boot up issues - this cod needs to be removed.

    Otherwise...

    I just downloaded that .419 zip which contained the cdma and java folders.

    I deleted that troublesome cod from my .328 java, and checked to make sure it wasnt in the .419 java.

    Then i simply copied the .419 java and cdma into .328 - and reloaded my phone. I didnt even bother wiping it first.

    After that worked, I decided I wanted to upgrade to .428 - so I replaced the .419 java in my .328 folder with the .428 java from 9550.

    I left the cdma folder as .419

    And reloaded. My phone now shows as .428, has popup keys, the email link issue is gone, and its very smooth and fast.

    Best OS yet !


    EDIT: Looks like the proper .exe is back up at bbhybrids - it should have the troublesome .cod issue fixed. Id try using that rather than piecing it together like i did.

    What about the "3G" symbol?

  13. #13
    jonnyviking's Avatar
    jonnyviking is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jonnyviking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Va
    PIN
    ask and u may receive
    Device
    9530
    OS
    419/484 hybrid by OOAKDPC
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using the 428 hybrid and there's no 3g symbol but I could care less about that. My phone is running great especially the keyboard-superfast and I just love the keyghosting which I never saw before and is awesome...lol
    Posted via mobile device

  14. #14
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    On the discussion thread on bbhybrids, a specific .cod was found to cause boot up issues - this cod needs to be removed.

    Otherwise...

    I just downloaded that .419 zip which contained the cdma and java folders.

    I deleted that troublesome cod from my .328 java, and checked to make sure it wasnt in the .419 java.

    Then i simply copied the .419 java and cdma into .328 - and reloaded my phone. I didnt even bother wiping it first.

    After that worked, I decided I wanted to upgrade to .428 - so I replaced the .419 java in my .328 folder with the .428 java from 9550.

    I left the cdma folder as .419

    And reloaded. My phone now shows as .428, has popup keys, the email link issue is gone, and its very smooth and fast.

    Best OS yet !


    EDIT: Looks like the proper .exe is back up at bbhybrids - it should have the troublesome .cod issue fixed. Id try using that rather than piecing it together like i did.

    I followed these exact directions but my phone loaded up White and just looked Very weird..I wiped and did the regular 428 upg.. Maybe I did something wrong but..Oh Well

  15. #15
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Ok so I installed .428 and shrink os for the first time. I must say that I do love loading up my phone and seeing that I have 49mb in app memory. But Starting off the OS has been a lil glitchy for me. After my restore I lost BBM and had to re download and then do an advanced restore for my contacts. (never backed up BBM contacts threw BBM). So Now I am ok with BBM after 2nd batt. pull verifying security software test froze at 68%. 3rd Batt. Pull phone seemed to be running a lil better transitions seemed to be smoother as well.

    I installed FB and captureIT and I am not running any themes. Memory is at 42.8MB and holding so far. Going to do one last battery pull and I will report back on anything else. I love the new blue glow for the keyboard and I don't see anything about popup keys however.
    Last edited by Hodges; 12-20-2009 at 07:13 AM.

  16. #16
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Liked
    0 times
    wiped mine with BBSAK, chose .428, shrunk the bejeebus out of it (ended up with 60mb) and loaded it. was acting a little funky while i was doing batt pulls and for a few minutes after loading... it straightened out and got more and more solid as the night went on. no issues yet to report.

    oh yeah, and booting at 42.7 and holding overnight at 40.3 memory
    Last edited by Bugly; 12-20-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: memory comment
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

  17. #17
    dbcras's Avatar
    dbcras is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow dbcras On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    PIN
    I got one
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Newest
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    0 times
    This build is the best one by far for the 9530. Popup keys are back, browser is smooth and quick, memory is stable - just the usual loss with third party apps installed. Love the smooth transitions and how much quicker it moves from landscape to portrait view.
    Great Christmas for those running a 9530!

  18. #18
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcras View Post
    This build is the best one by far for the 9530. Popup keys are back, browser is smooth and quick, memory is stable - just the usual loss with third party apps installed. Love the smooth transitions and how much quicker it moves from landscape to portrait view.
    Great Christmas for those running a 9530!
    And no screen dimming when switching to landscape mode :biggthumpup:
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  19. #19
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Ok so I installed .428 and shrink os for the first time. I must say that I do love loading up my phone and seeing that I have 49mb in app memory. But Starting off the OS has been a lil glitchy for me. After my restore I lost BBM and had to re download and then do an advanced restore for my contacts. (never backed up BBM contacts threw BBM). So Now I am ok with BBM after 2nd batt. pull verifying security software test froze at 68%. 3rd Batt. Pull phone seemed to be running a lil better transitions seemed to be smoother as well.

    I installed FB and captureIT and I am not running any themes. Memory is at 42.8MB and holding so far. Going to do one last battery pull and I will report back on anything else. I love the new blue glow for the keyboard and I don't see anything about popup keys however.
    Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard > Show Key Indicator. That's where you can change the pop-up key options.
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  20. #20
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Been running .428 for a couple of days now. Memory barely changes, transitions are smooth and fast, key ghosting is very cool. Overall things seem to run smoother and faster. Battery use is a little higher but not too significant.

    Overall, this is a great OS. Will be sticking with this for quite some time I think (unless of course something newer releases).
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •