No more hybrids for 9550..... Your thoughts please?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No more hybrids for 9550..... Your thoughts please?

  1. #1
    malo_kid's Avatar
    malo_kid is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    PIN
    31005e74
    Device
    blackberry 9550 (STORM2)
    OS
    5.0.0.713 Hybridized OOAKDPC
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    0 times

    No more hybrids for 9550..... Your thoughts please?

    I think we've found it you guys. This is the OS were we do not need the help of a hybrid to make our phones optimized any longer. With the help of rim, our phones are running the way they should, finally? I mean the memory is stable as can be. My memory went up as it was charging during the night, as it only fell less than a megabyte. And the battery life has improved. The only thing I expect to see with the next OS releases are webkit browsing and new features such as a stock open gl theme. Let me know what you guys think?




  2. #2
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times

    hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by malo_kid View Post
    I think we've found it you guys. This is the OS were we do not need the help of a hybrid to make our phones optimized any longer. With the help of rim, our phones are running the way they should, finally? I mean the memory is stable as can be. My memory went up as it was charging during the night, as it only fell less than a megabyte. And the battery life has improved. The only thing I expect to see with the next OS releases are webkit browsing and new features such as a stock open gl theme. Let me know what you guys think?

    kind of agree, you have already the better berry, so it would be more appreciated if we - the storm 1 users - get the ultimate OS instead of you - even being capable of making coffee in the mornin' - going to work instead of me -winning billions in lottery.... errrrrrr, sorry! Kind of OT thoughts

  3. #3
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    I could have sworn there would've been a hybrid built with the .428 radio by now.
    Where you at guys?

  4. #4
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    I could have sworn there would've been a hybrid built with the .428 radio by now.
    Where you at guys?
    That's true, but what would the hybrid consist of, that would be worth building? .428 address a few major issues and runs pretty darn smooth (that is, for a leaked OS).

    I don't know a lot about hybrids, but I think .428 fits the bill.

    Just my two cents.
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

  5. #5
    rcocchiararo's Avatar
    rcocchiararo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rcocchiararo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Device
    9700
    OS
    .442
    Posts
    147
    Liked
    0 times
    hybrid for what ? .428 is the newer of all devices, you cant add newer stuff to it :P

  6. #6
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    That's true, but what would the hybrid consist of, that would be worth building? .428 address a few major issues and runs pretty darn smooth (that is, for a leaked OS).

    I don't know a lot about hybrids, but I think .428 fits the bill.

    Just my two cents.
    Since when did that ever stop them from experimenting?

  7. #7
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    ^^ LOL, I so agree with that. I think a lot of the hybrids was being created to hopefully fix the homescreen icons. Now that it's fix, the question is, "what can we break next?"
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •