Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Device
    z10
    Posts
    2

    Deleting the Amazon apps on latest OS update

    I just recently did my OS upgrade to the 10.3.2.556 release. I noticed after this that my phone now has an Amazon and Amazon Appstore apps on my phone. Is there anyway to delete these since I don't need them nor want them and they are just using storage space on my Z10. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Jon



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Hi Jon, I don't believe there is way as these are built in apps. How much space are they taking up?

    Update: See arisham's post below...
    Last edited by Joe Jerde; 10-14-2015 at 10:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Z10
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jon3373 View Post
    I just recently did my OS upgrade to the 10.3.2.556 release. I noticed after this that my phone now has an Amazon and Amazon Appstore apps on my phone. Is there anyway to delete these since I don't need them nor want them and they are just using storage space on my Z10. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Jon
    It's a small apps. However, if you insist, you may try set on the developer mode > connect your USB to PC > run the Chrome BB10/PlayBook Manager app > Find the Amazon app and delete it. Not sure if there will be any consequences. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISKS.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Thanks for the feedback, Arisham!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Device
    98xx
    OS
    x.x.x.x
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by arisham View Post
    It's a small apps. However, if you insist, you may try set on the developer mode > connect your USB to PC > run the Chrome BB10/PlayBook Manager app > Find the Amazon app and delete it. Not sure if there will be any consequences. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISKS.
    This is the only way to remove them. Sadly they come back in reboot. You can't roll back to 10.2. Just hide them in a junk folder



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Device
    z10
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the replies guys, I think for now I will just leave them alone and hide them in a folder since I won't use these apps anyway

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzt09 View Post
    This is the only way to remove them. Sadly they come back in reboot. You can't roll back to 10.2. Just hide them in a junk folder
    Thanks for the tip. That sucks they come back. I guess it makes sense from a BB/Amazon partnership point of view.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Z10
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Thanks for the tip. That sucks they come back. I guess it makes sense from a BB/Amazon partnership point of view.
    die hard heh...hurm...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •