Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15
  1. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I always wear my seatbelt. It's just common sense. I have seen way to many wrecks(and been in a few) to not wear one. To be so naive to think nothing can happen is just stupid. Just a few months ago a guy was struck head on and killed when a girl fell asleep and then over corrected and lost control. He was just driving to work. You think he had any idea a girl was gonna smash into him that morning. Just because you think you are a safe driver doesn't mean the millions of people around you are. Wear your seatbelt.

    End of rant

    Glad you bro-in-law is OK Laney

    Im the opposite. I don't wear my seat belt. I've had a close friend die (burned to death) because she had her seat belt on and could not escape. Ya, its a small percentage of how many die due to their seat belt being on but I dunno. I won't wear one.

    Laney, I am glad he is ok!!



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Wow Laney that is amazing. I am so happy to hear that everything turned out ok.

    The California Highway Patrol just finished a two year study and found that by wearing your seatbelt, you increase your chances of surviving a crash by 89%.

    Be smart everyone, use your seatbelt, they really do save lives.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    side note:
    anyone watch the tv show "the sharks"? it's a show where people with inventions try to get investors to back them with money. last week a guy had invented a device that wouldn't allow the car to be started unless the belt was clicked. sounds like a pretty good idea to me for car manufacturers to start implementing the device in new vehicles.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Im the opposite. I don't wear my seat belt. I've had a close friend die (burned to death) because she had her seat belt on and could not escape. Ya, its a small percentage of how many die due to their seat belt being on but I dunno. I won't wear one.
    i can understand your reasoning brett but i would go with the percentages.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Wow Laney that is amazing. I am so happy to hear that everything turned out ok.

    The California Highway Patrol just finished a two year study and found that by wearing your seatbelt, you increase your chances of surviving a crash by 89%.

    Be smart everyone, use your seatbelt, they really do save lives.
    i wear one about half the time...i should be spanked the other half....wait....i like spankings...:haha:

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    side note:
    anyone watch the tv show "the sharks"? it's a show where people with inventions try to get investors to back them with money. last week a guy had invented a device that wouldn't allow the car to be started unless the belt was clicked. sounds like a pretty good idea to me for car manufacturers to start implementing the device in new vehicles.
    Yeah I did see that one, pretty cool idea. Did you see the next episode where if a car detects you have a BB in your pocket the car won't start either



  6. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.57
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    I never wore a seatbelt, but will not put the car in drive without my belt since friday night.

    Crazy thing is my brother-in-law never wears a seatbelt but his wife got pulled over and got a ticket for not wearing her belt on Wednesday and he had that in mind on Friday.

    Thank God!!
    i never got in my car since i been driving without my seatbelt.. i hate it but u never know.. glad he is ok..

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Glad to hear he is ok. I never used to wear my seatbelt but my wife would give me a hard time and I started to wear it. Now I always put it on out of habit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.