10.2 and what it didn't fix (yet)
love the new stuff in 10.2! yet expected to see some really simple things fixed with its release for my Q10
- a real, keyboard speed dial (by far not the only one missing that from their pre-BB10 berries. And how hard can it be to implement?...)
- email text reflow/wrap - now this one is a real annoyance and I would've sworn 10.2 will fix it, surprsingly, no fix
this third one is a personal gripe:
- I see a missed call from a friend and i want to quickly text him as I'm headed to a meeting - how to do it in the most efficient manner?
Option 1. press and hold on the missed call number, side bar appears, I choose top option, circled letter (i) 'view call details'. From here I have the option to 'call mobile' and 'text mobile'. However I have 2 mobile numbers for my friend and the action bar I actually have in this screen look like this
'Call Mobile' 'Call Mobile' 'Text Mobile' 'Text Mobile'
Which 'Text Mobile' option is for the missed call number, I can't really know, yet I'm in the 'view call details' screen for a particular call...NOT GOOD
Option 2. press and hold on the missed call number, side bar appears, I choose option 'view contact' and from there tap 'text mobile' (still need to remember from of his two cell phones he called me...) - NOT GOOD
The above frustration can easily be solved by:
- side bar popping after press and hold the missed call to have a direct option for texting the caller (that would be 2 taps only) (And why not also add option to BBM the caller in that same sidebar?)
- address book should be able to differentiate between more than one mobile number, say Mobile 1, Mobile 2. Current options are Work, Home, Mobile, Other
1. I've heard that shortcuts will be coming.
2. Not sure what email reflow is
3. When I want text somebody who just called, I either use the instant reply feature or I just start typing on the homescreen (ex: text robin).
1. good news on the shortcut!
2. text reflow/wrapping is in emails containing images - the message is automatically reformatted to fit on the screen horizontally so that no sideways scrolling is needed, it was there for BB OS 7 and even older.
3. instant actions is good indeed (even better on Q10) i'm only "bitching" here about reduced number of clicks, which for me is synonymous with efficiency
Tags for this Thread