10.2 and what it didn't fix (yet)
love the new stuff in 10.2! yet expected to see some really simple things fixed with its release for my Q10
- a real, keyboard speed dial (by far not the only one missing that from their pre-BB10 berries. And how hard can it be to implement?...)
- email text reflow/wrap - now this one is a real annoyance and I would've sworn 10.2 will fix it, surprsingly, no fix
this third one is a personal gripe:
- I see a missed call from a friend and i want to quickly text him as I'm headed to a meeting - how to do it in the most efficient manner?
Option 1. press and hold on the missed call number, side bar appears, I choose top option, circled letter (i) 'view call details'. From here I have the option to 'call mobile' and 'text mobile'. However I have 2 mobile numbers for my friend and the action bar I actually have in this screen look like this
'Call Mobile' 'Call Mobile' 'Text Mobile' 'Text Mobile'
Which 'Text Mobile' option is for the missed call number, I can't really know, yet I'm in the 'view call details' screen for a particular call...NOT GOOD
Option 2. press and hold on the missed call number, side bar appears, I choose option 'view contact' and from there tap 'text mobile' (still need to remember from of his two cell phones he called me...) - NOT GOOD
The above frustration can easily be solved by:
- side bar popping after press and hold the missed call to have a direct option for texting the caller (that would be 2 taps only) (And why not also add option to BBM the caller in that same sidebar?)
- address book should be able to differentiate between more than one mobile number, say Mobile 1, Mobile 2. Current options are Work, Home, Mobile, Other