I sent my 9700 in for repairs last month. They exchanged it for a new one.
On the new one I restored my backup (that I did the day before I sent it in). Everything restored successfully except the BBM Groups. They dont appear in BBM. I had to get 1 of the people in each group to add me back in. I created all the groups months ago.
I can see my old PIN, in the groups, still has the "key icon" next to it. Which means my "Admin privileges" have not been transferred onto the new PIN. I cant delete the old PIN in the groups.
I've tried the following:
1) Restored "BBGroups" (in the Advanced section) from "BB Desktop Software"
2) Restored via "Restore using a backup file from device" in BBM
3) Restored via "Restore using email" in BBM
4) Updated the OS (v6.668) and BBM to latest versions
5) Downgraded the OS and BBM to version 5
This is my 3rd BB. I didnt have the above problem/s when I restored the backup from the 1st BB to the 2nd BB (8 months ago)