Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 16 of 16

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    I believe RIM could possibly deliver a QNX OS in time for the Storm 3 but I'm sure they will wait. So it looks like we will see in 2011. Keep in mind RIM has been working on this QNX OS for a while. Yes they just purchased QNX but RIM likes to keep secrets. Jlevy73 saw a Storm 3 with widgets and thin like an iphone. This was a year ago. Check out this thread BlackBerry Storm 3 first Inside Peak thanks to olta777 for starting this thread because this thread gave #TeamBlackBerry hope that RIM is actually doing something great!



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    PIN
    333C8F0F
    Device
    Z10/PB32
    OS
    10.1.2009/2.1.0.840
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    I believe RIM could possibly deliver a QNX OS in time for the Storm 3 but I'm sure they will wait. So it looks like we will see in 2011. Keep in mind RIM has been working on this QNX OS for a while. Yes they just purchased QNX but RIM likes to keep secrets. Jlevy73 saw a Storm 3 with widgets and thin like an iphone. This was a year ago. Check out this thread BlackBerry Storm 3 first Inside Peak thanks to olta777 for starting this thread because this thread gave #TeamBlackBerry hope that RIM is actually doing something great!
    That's exactly what I've been thinking about. We have known that this device was out there, whether it had been a true report or not. I have faith that we will see this product quite soon.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    That's exactly what I've been thinking about. We have known that this device was out there, whether it had been a true report or not. I have faith that we will see this product quite soon.
    Posted via mobile device

    Well we know its a true report now. After going back reading that thread about the Storm 3 first peak everything adds up. Even Salomondrin said he saw the Storm 3. What poster Jlevy left out was the OS. He knew about QNX but couldn't state it at the time because that thread was started last year. RIM purchased QNX this year. I've noticed that a lot of the people in that thread that had a Storm 2 last year now own a Droid so you don't see them on this site much anymore. I'm sticking with BB though.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    I started shopping around for an Android device, even went as far as checking out AT&T plans in hopes of switching carrier to get the iPhone. This thread is giving me some hope, cause I'd like to stick with BlackBerry.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stokesdale, NC
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 1
    OS
    .591 COVERED WITH A "BRID"
    Posts
    101
    i must say that im a trader i left bb for the droid x which is amazing but if this is true i will be back when my other lines are open for upgrade in april, i guess im bb for life:1244:



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    6.0.0.380
    Posts
    62
    I only hope RIM would make it gsm and not cdma!!!

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by popusito View Post
    I only hope RIM would make it gsm and not cdma!!!
    The Storm that's 4G is GSM. I'm not sure how that will work because if you are not in 4G coverage area the phone switches to Verizon's 3G which is cdma. Can someone explain if you can use another SIM that's 3G in a 4G phone?

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.975
    Posts
    324
    While I hope that a Blackberry, and it will obviously have to be a touchscreen Blackberry, will ultimately be the iPhone Killer, I have heard that it was going to be the Storm for well almost 3 years now. Going back to when the S1 was first being hyped. I just wonder when it will be.

    Josh your information seems to be as good as any I have seen. keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •