Android and iPhone battle for Blackberry Users
Crowd Science, a company that generates analytics based on demographic surveys of website visitors, has published their semi-annual study that shows that nearly 40% of Blackberry users continue to prefer Apple's iPhone as their next smartphone purchase, but a third of them would also switch to the Android operating system. The study also found Android users rivaling iPhone users in loyalty, with about 90% of each user group planning to stick with their current brand when buying their next phone.
Asked if they'd swap their present phone for Google's new Android-based Nexus One, 32% of Blackberry users said "yes," compared with just 9% of iPhone users. This figure zoomed to 60% for users of smartphones not made by Blackberry or Apple.
Other survey results include:
- Android users are younger and less affluent than iPhone and Blackberry users.
- Users of all types of smartphones had downloaded more free applications than paid ones, with iPhone users more likely to pay for apps, Android users leading in free apps, and Blackbery users far behind on both.
- Both Android users and iPhone users were found much more likely than Blackberry users to use their phones only for personal use (32%, 28% and 16% respectively).
- 7% of Blackberry users use their phone only for business, with only 1% of iPhone users making that claim, and non-existent in the Android base.
- For the survey, the Crowd Scientists used 1,140 respondents from websites. 44% of these used a regular cellphone, not a smartphone. iPhone users composed 17% of respondents, followed by Blackberry users at 15%,Nokia at 10%, Windows Mobile user were 4%, Android 3% and Palm 2%.
For more details of the study click here Crowd Science Study
We would really like to know our members feelings on this issue. Would you be willing to swap for an iPhone ? Would you switch to an Android ? Would you answer be "No way I'd trade my Blackberry!! " This could have very interesting results. Personally, I am very comfortable and happy with my Blackberry Storm2. It's not perfect, but I doubt the others are either. It fits my needs...so I would NOT swap mine for either.
Please share your thoughts here.