Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 21

  1. #1
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184

    Arrow How many of you Have/don't Have phone insurance for your Storm??

    I never get phone insurance but because of the cost of this phone while in contract I am contemplating getting it .

    How many of you Have/don't Have phone insurance for your Storm??
    What does it actually cover?
    What are your thoughts/opinions on it?

    :argue:
    Last edited by rufunky; 04-26-2009 at 03:08 PM.



  2. #2
    guanuck's Avatar
    guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    385
    No insurance here. If it dies after 1 year of use might as well just uprade to a new device

  3. #3
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    I have insurance.



  4. #4
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge007 View Post
    No insurance here. If it dies after 1 year of use might as well just uprade to a new device
    What if it dies before then?

    I'm more woried because this phone is allot more delicate and complex than previous dumb phones..
    More to go wrong easier to brake etc.
    Last edited by rufunky; 04-26-2009 at 03:39 PM.

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    I def have insurance for this phone, will cost to much to replace



  6. #6
    guanuck's Avatar
    guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    What if it dies before then?

    I'm more woried because this phone is allot more delicate and complex than previous dumb phones..
    More to go wrong easier to brake etc.
    When you buy a bb it comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty so if it dies within a year I just DOA it

  7. #7
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge007 View Post
    When you buy a bb it comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty so if it dies within a year I just DOA it
    ahh true...

    I guess it goes back to what the verizon warranty covers that the BB one dosen't.. I'm gona have to talk to a VZ rep to find out.

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I never get phone insurance but because of the cost of this phone while in contract I am contemplating getting it .

    How many of you Have/don't Have phone insurance for your Storm??
    What does it actually cover?
    What are your thoughts/opinions on it?

    :argue:
    I do
    VZW 4.99 a month if anything goes wrong 50 bucks for a phone/but i do the 5.99 package which is the same but it extends the manf. warrenty to the second year...ie if the hard drive would give out i could take it to the store and get it replaced for FREE
    total cost for 2 yrs 144 give or take if you get a new phone 194...cost of new storm 580..on ebay 300 if your lucky do the math...

    it covers evrything water theft damage if you run it over if you lose it no matter what 50 bucks new phone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •