Blackberry Messenger down ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95

Thread: Blackberry Messenger down ?

  1. #41
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times

    Europe still seems to be fine

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    This is more than BBM this is data period. I still cant get on the web from my phone at all... emails seem to come through but nothing else is working
    I can send via BBM (.57), use internet and BIS email, so it really seems to be related to especially North America. :no:





  2. #42
    fsantiago36's Avatar
    fsantiago36 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    213806F1
    Device
    950 -> 957 -> 8700g -> Curve -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8900
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    0 times
    not only issues with BBM but internet seems to be out also. Looks like full outage. Wow 2 glitches in a weeks time. I am currently looking at the Nokia N900 very serious phone. Dunno guess as the network grows with more and more users RIM is trying to handle all the commercial users who have joined there business network.

  3. #43
    nvisn's Avatar
    nvisn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    k is my favorite color.
    Device
    ANDROID!
    OS
    ANDROID!
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I can confirm that BBM/BIS/Browsing on VZW are all down in Fairfield County CT about 40 mins NE of NYC. This is bullshit. I cant wait till my NET discount comes up to jump to Android. Im actually considering biting the bullet and buying one un-subsidized. RIM is just creating one fuck up after another (outages, a new bbm version 3 times in one week, the Bing lock in). Sorry for the language but I cant help when my friend next to me with MetroPCS paying $50 a month hasn't had a data outage in the 6 months he has been with them. I am paying VZW $86 a month on a deeply discounted plan for what? This headache?

  4. #44
    rorschack is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nvisn View Post
    I can confirm that BBM/BIS/Browsing on VZW are all down in Fairfield County CT about 40 mins NE of NYC. This is bullshit. I cant wait till my NET discount comes up to jump to Android. Im actually considering biting the bullet and buying one un-subsidized. RIM is just creating one fuck up after another (outages, a new bbm version 3 times in one week, the Bing lock in). Sorry for the language but I cant help when my friend next to me with MetroPCS paying $50 a month hasn't had a data outage in the 6 months he has been with them. I am paying VZW $86 a month on a deeply discounted plan for what? This headache?

    Consider yourself lucky because you don't or have never own a Storm 1!

  5. #45
    nvisn's Avatar
    nvisn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    k is my favorite color.
    Device
    ANDROID!
    OS
    ANDROID!
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rorschack View Post
    Consider yourself lucky because you don't or have never own a Storm 1!
    Says who. I had a S1 this year and had it for the 29 days before the Tour came out.

  6. #46
    popusito's Avatar
    popusito is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    6.0.0.380
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    0 times
    BBM is down here in London, Ontario... no data at all!!

  7. #47
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Remember when you are thinking about leaving the blackberry world that outages are something like 1.2 times as many. You are then completely network dependent as well its not exactly easy or cheap to get email the way you do now. I looked at the droids but my company email will not even work, at all, none what so ever on the droid so that shot that in the ass

  8. #48
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nvisn View Post
    I can confirm that BBM/BIS/Browsing on VZW are all down in Fairfield County CT about 40 mins NE of NYC. This is bullshit. I cant wait till my NET discount comes up to jump to Android. Im actually considering biting the bullet and buying one un-subsidized. RIM is just creating one fuck up after another (outages, a new bbm version 3 times in one week, the Bing lock in). Sorry for the language but I cant help when my friend next to me with MetroPCS paying $50 a month hasn't had a data outage in the 6 months he has been with them. I am paying VZW $86 a month on a deeply discounted plan for what? This headache?
    And FYI, going to any other smart phone on vzw will not change the amount you are paying. and remember right not this is NOT VZW having the trouble its RIM.

  9. #49
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    wow...

    if someone hates bb's that much, they probably shouldn't be on this forum....

    It's funny how no one has mentioned how the new telus hspa network has had innumerable issues with the new devices...

    Probably because we all realize it's not a bb problem, but a telus problem...

    in any event.....

    RIM has the best product out there for anyone who actually uses their phone for business...

    If they aren't willing to stick through the bad times, to reap the benefits in the good times....then I say..go buy a droid or an iphone.......delete your bbos account and best of luck to you..

    we are all here to try to figure out how to work through the issues, not just complain about them....

    i am guessing that most of you guys own PC's....are you this verbal in the PC forums?? we all know there "are no issues with PC's" LMFAO

    come on now...if you can't be a positive contributor, don't type in the first place...spend your time looking at other phones on the market, and troll those forums instead..this place is already completely overrun with threads regarding the droid and iphone. take your desires/complaints/wishes/thoughts/opinions elsewhere. As far as i am concerned they are not welcome here. I purchased a VIP LIFETIME membership with BBOS because i am a BB fan.

    Please respect the forum and its' intentions....

    just my $.02
    Last edited by glockguy; 12-22-2009 at 07:18 PM.

  10. #50
    hmblepatience is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    31231EOD
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.497
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    no data at all in NY

  11. #51
    johndoo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow johndoo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    France,Paris
    Device
    8900 Curve
    OS
    5.0.0.348
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    I am in Paris, in France, and on my Bold 9700 I have make the update of BBM and the messages sending very slowly! , I am in 3G and even in wifi, that functions moreless although before, but curiously I had to create a group which can be recovered any more neither by recovery by e-mail nor locally on the bold and I have to even try under dekstop to manage and nothing! , I think an update asserts myself!,BIS is crazy!!!,any ideas??. :17:

    Tanks

  12. #52
    tbcpn's Avatar
    tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    0 times
    These couple of recent issues with RIM's BIS service is troubling. Fortunately I'm not currently traveling, altho I just returned from two weeks away on business. I totally understand that s#*@ happens, but two major problems in the past few weeks is not good.

    And, of course, as RIM tries to attract more of the consumer / non-BES market, this is most unhelpful to that effort.

  13. #53
    saso07's Avatar
    saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    283
    Liked
    0 times
    Does the UPS App need data to just open? I get "Application Error [03:07] This is ever since the outage

  14. #54
    nvisn's Avatar
    nvisn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    k is my favorite color.
    Device
    ANDROID!
    OS
    ANDROID!
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Remember when you are thinking about leaving the blackberry world that outages are something like 1.2 times as many. You are then completely network dependent as well its not exactly easy or cheap to get email the way you do now. I looked at the droids but my company email will not even work, at all, none what so ever on the droid so that shot that in the ass
    I use Google Apps/gMail the Android platform will work 110% for me.

  15. #55
    nvisn's Avatar
    nvisn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    k is my favorite color.
    Device
    ANDROID!
    OS
    ANDROID!
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    wow...

    if someone hates bb's that much, they probably shouldn't be on this forum....

    It's funny how no one has mentioned how the new telus hspa network has had innumerable issues with the new devices...

    Probably because we all realize it's not a bb problem, but a telus problem...

    in any event.....

    RIM has the best product out there for anyone who actually uses their phone for business...

    If they aren't willing to stick through the bad times, to reap the benefits in the good times....then I say..go buy a droid or an iphone.......delete your bbos account and best of luck to you..

    we are all here to try to figure out how to work through the issues, not just complain about them....

    i am guessing that most of you guys own PC's....are you this verbal in the PC forums?? we all know there "are no issues with PC's" LMFAO

    come on now...if you can't be a positive contributor, don't type in the first place...spend your time looking at other phones on the market, and troll those forums instead..this place is already completely overrun with threads regarding the droid and iphone. take your desires/complaints/wishes/thoughts/opinions elsewhere. As far as i am concerned they are not welcome here. I purchased a VIP LIFETIME membership with BBOS because i am a BB fan.

    Please respect the forum and its' intentions....

    just my $.02
    Thanks for supporting the forum but with all due respect until a moderator tells me I can't talk about something I will speak on it. RIM reads these forums and needs to know that their QA team need to get their asses in line. I have used RIM devices since the 950, and what BlackBerries appeal was is it "Just works" The past few weeks ago it has not worked. So yes I am venting. Good thing this isn't a gun forum haha I have always been a Springfield guy until I bought my first Glock - the G20 it's an amazing piece so lets know we do agree on something.

  16. #56
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    This is more than BBM this is data period. I still cant get on the web from my phone at all... emails seem to come through but nothing else is working
    Wow, at least you're getting email. I will have about 11 test messages i've sent to myself, once the network comes back to life.

    man this really sucks! :aargh4:
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

  17. #57
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nvisn View Post
    Thanks for supporting the forum but with all due respect until a moderator tells me I can't talk about something I will speak on it. RIM reads these forums and needs to know that their QA team need to get their asses in line. I have used RIM devices since the 950, and what BlackBerries appeal was is it "Just works" The past few weeks ago it has not worked. So yes I am venting. Good thing this isn't a gun forum haha I have always been a Springfield guy until I bought my first Glock - the G20 it's an amazing piece so lets know we do agree on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    wow...

    if someone hates bb's that much, they probably shouldn't be on this forum....

    It's funny how no one has mentioned how the new telus hspa network has had innumerable issues with the new devices...

    Probably because we all realize it's not a bb problem, but a telus problem...

    in any event.....

    RIM has the best product out there for anyone who actually uses their phone for business...

    If they aren't willing to stick through the bad times, to reap the benefits in the good times....then I say..go buy a droid or an iphone.......delete your bbos account and best of luck to you..

    we are all here to try to figure out how to work through the issues, not just complain about them....

    i am guessing that most of you guys own PC's....are you this verbal in the PC forums?? we all know there "are no issues with PC's" LMFAO

    come on now...if you can't be a positive contributor, don't type in the first place...spend your time looking at other phones on the market, and troll those forums instead..this place is already completely overrun with threads regarding the droid and iphone. take your desires/complaints/wishes/thoughts/opinions elsewhere. As far as i am concerned they are not welcome here. I purchased a VIP LIFETIME membership with BBOS because i am a BB fan.

    Please respect the forum and its' intentions....

    just my $.02
    Lets try to keep this on topic. please and thank you

  18. #58
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    Just saw this update on Twitter:

    From Dataoutage.com: UPDATE: From our sources, RIM says the problem wll be fixed within a couple hours to a day max.
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

  19. #59
    ronnyromero is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    i posted this on another place but i think this was the actual place to put this, read carefully, many tests done here:

    hi, I'm in Panama, i use Movistar (Telefonica Brand for Panama and some other countries) i have a BOLD 9000 with latest official OS (installed like a month ago or more), i have not had BIS for the past 2 months...however i use WIFI for Live Messenger, BBM (5.0.056), BBBrowser...and it all stopped working today as well. I just installed BBM .57 and still nothing works.

    Also, i have a couple of friends with BES and same problem, nothing works.

    I think this is not related only to BIS or BES but actually to the whole Blackberry system...

    So i made a couple of tests with apps i know were working yesterday:
    Appworld works
    GoogleMaps not working
    Viigo works
    facebook not working
    bloomberg mobile not working
    Blackberry Browser not working (hotspot or internet browser)
    I can not connect to the Email configuration wizard through my carrier WAP either

    My Wireless connection, Internet service and IP address is fine and working, my notebook works fine on same connection, plus, the blackberry shows a valid IP from WLAN and i can use Appworld, downloaded BBM .57 and installed...also, viigo works fine.

    Hope they fix what they did soon and at least emit some information stating they are having issues but well....I also Hope Google buys them so who knows

  20. #60
    lanebryant31 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    pearl flip
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    It must be down!!!! None of my im's are getting thru

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •