Storm to Tour
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Storm to Tour

  1. #1
    oilman's Avatar
    oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    0 times

    Storm to Tour

    What specifically do I need to complain about to VZW about my Storm for them to let me switch to a Tour for free?

    I'm basically sick of the touchscreen but I don't think they'll take that as an acceptable reason.




  2. #2
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    What specifically do I need to complain about to VZW about my Storm for them to let me switch to a Tour for free?

    I'm basically sick of the touchscreen but I don't think they'll take that as an acceptable reason.
    That is a very good question. I wish I could answer this for you. Someone else may be of more assistance, good Luck!
    Last edited by Seanren78; 10-13-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  3. #3
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    What specifically do I need to complain about to VZW about my Storm for them to let me switch to a Tour for free?

    I'm basically sick of the touchscreen but I don't think they'll take that as an acceptable reason.
    No obviously they will not. Have you returned many Storms in the past.

  4. #4
    oilman's Avatar
    oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    0 times
    I just talked to a buddy that did this and he said the magic phrase is "it keeps freezing." But he also said that they wouldn't let him do it until he went to the store that his friend works at. So not real sure if this would work or not...

  5. #5
    oilman's Avatar
    oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    0 times
    No, haven't returned any

  6. #6
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    What specifically do I need to complain about to VZW about my Storm for them to let me switch to a Tour for free?

    I'm basically sick of the touchscreen but I don't think they'll take that as an acceptable reason.

    VZW has a lemon policy with regards to cell phones, if you take the phone back to the store 3 times for the same problem and it is documented on
    your account, VZW will let you swap to another handset. Have you had the phone replaced for the touch screen issue?

  7. #7
    oilman's Avatar
    oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    VZW has a lemon policy with regards to cell phones, if you take the phone back to the store 3 times for the same problem and it is documented on
    your account, VZW will let you swap to another handset. Have you had the phone replaced for the touch screen issue?
    No, what was the issue?

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    I just talked to a buddy that did this and he said the magic phrase is "it keeps freezing." But he also said that they wouldn't let him do it until he went to the store that his friend works at. So not real sure if this would work or not...
    I would say to them that your Bluetooth is not working. And try with Verizone Customer Service not by going into a store.

  9. #9
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    No, what was the issue?

    on some storms you aren't able to navigate the screen without loosening the screws but by doing so you void the mfg warranty. You can try the CS route as
    jlevy mentioned above. How long have you had your Storm?

  10. #10
    oilman's Avatar
    oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    on some storms you aren't able to navigate the screen without loosening the screws but by doing so you void the mfg warranty. You can try the CS route as
    jlevy mentioned above. How long have you had your Storm?
    Since January

  11. #11
    504mami is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (504mami)

    Hey! I started out with the storm when it first came out, from day one I've had continous problems with it especially freezing after my 3rd trip / and replacement heading for my 4th storm they asked if I wanted the BB Tour! I said anything has got to be better than this Storm!!...complain continuously about freezing, and not over the phone, keep showing up they'll eventually give u a Tour, although they're catching hell with the Tour as well!!...this is my 3rd Tour since Aug. And its a great gadget!!...the problem with all sofeware is because we as consumers are rushing the software manufacturers to come out with newer gadgets knowlingly they haven't had enough time to perfect there products!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •