Problem with my new Phone
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Problem with my new Phone

  1. #1
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times

    Problem with my new Phone

    I just turn on a new BlackBerry tour (Unlocked) that I bought by Amazon.com and to my surprise when he entered, without any SIM card, I saw the registration message (The same message when you go to Host Routing Table), 1 missed call and 1 voice message.

    I turn it off and I put my SIM card (of my Storm with BIS) and by default the network staying in 1x, then manually I changed to GSM and get the movistar network but the phone staying in edge (No EDGE).

    I don't know If I can, but I went to Host Routing table (Options>Avanced) to register to see if I can register with Movistar, but can not.

    I Entered to movistar.blackberry.com to see if I could create the account, but obviously not let me because the phone is not already registered with Movistar. (The page ask me that the phone need to be routed)

    In conclusion, I assume that this cellphone was used and was associated with another operator? How can I verify if this reported or something like that?

    thanks for advance



    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi


  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Try to find out what carrier it was on before and call them to find out if it's been reported stolen....or another thing is you might need to do is have the original owner to release the PIN. Those are my thoughts, but let's see may be someone has a better and easier fix for you.

  3. #3
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Try to find out what carrier it was on before and call them to find out if it's been reported stolen....or another thing is you might need to do is have the original owner to release the PIN. Those are my thoughts, but let's see may be someone has a better and easier fix for you.
    Thanks my friend

    I bought the new phone :17: I must be the original owner :Eyecrazy:

    I check the missed call (METRO PCS, INC. (786-2266826))
    And when I did a call "My number" show 786-4575776 (CELLCO PARTNERSHIP DBA VERIZON WIRELESS - FL)

    Any ideas?

    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi

  4. #4
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbermudez View Post
    Thanks my friend

    I bought the new phone :17: I must be the original owner :Eyecrazy:

    I check the missed call (METRO PCS, INC. (786-2266826))
    And when I did a call "My number" show 786-4575776 (CELLCO PARTNERSHIP DBA VERIZON WIRELESS - FL)

    Any ideas?
    Ok, so that one is eliminated. Have you tried calling vzw, so they can check your account settings?

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    J, I also sent a request to our team to see what suggestions they might have for you.

  6. #6
    Jbermudez's Avatar
    Jbermudez is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Ask It
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.230 by BBCrackman
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Ok, so that one is eliminated. Have you tried calling vzw, so they can check your account settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    J, I also sent a request to our team to see what suggestions they might have for you.

    :hail: Thanks for your reply and management.

    I will do it tomorrow and I will post my findings


    Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate

    Apps:
    SmartAlerts, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, BBFileScout, XContact, GoogleSync, IM+, S4A, CopyAll, Forward with Edit, Wallpaper Shuffle, ScoreMobile, Sensobi

  7. #7
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbermudez View Post
    :hail: Thanks for your reply and management.

    I will do it tomorrow and I will post my findings


    Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate
    No problem...I hope we can all resolve it, as it can be very frustrating when our phones don't work properly.

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    from my quick skim i didnt see where you had said you had done this call your carrier and have them put the pin number from the new phone (tour) inplace of your old storm and you will be find, the problem is that i think you said your carrier is Movistar or something like that still sees your storm associated with your email (BIS) account, if you call and give them the new pin they will switch it out and should take care of the problem

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •