Can't download apps from site after upgrading to 7.1.0.523 for 9900
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't download apps from site after upgrading to 7.1.0.523 for 9900

  1. #1
    JRYsBB is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    PIN
    28f5256c
    Device
    9900
    OS
    7.1.0.523
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Can't download apps from site after upgrading to 7.1.0.523 for 9900

    This maybe a duplicate thread but I can't seem to find if theres an original one. Anyway, I recently upgraded my OS to 7.1.0.523. I'm using a 9900. I never had a problem downloading apps before using my laptop and sync into my device. But after the upgrade it is giving me an error. It can't communicate and I should check my firewall. Never got that before. Please help. thanks




  2. #2
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Liked
    755 times
    Is the BlackBerry desktop software giving you that error or your 9900? Either way make sure your firewall on your computer isn't blocking anything. Turn it off temporarily to make sure.

  3. #3
    JRYsBB is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    PIN
    28f5256c
    Device
    9900
    OS
    7.1.0.523
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    Is the BlackBerry desktop software giving you that error or your 9900? Either way make sure your firewall on your computer isn't blocking anything. Turn it off temporarily to make sure.
    It is the desktop software that is giving me that error. I don't have any firewall on my pc. I'll tried to wait for 2 days to let the new OS settle, but im still getting the same error.

  4. #4
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JRYsBB View Post
    This maybe a duplicate thread but I can't seem to find if theres an original one. Anyway, I recently upgraded my OS to 7.1.0.523. I'm using a 9900. I never had a problem downloading apps before using my laptop and sync into my device. But after the upgrade it is giving me an error. It can't communicate and I should check my firewall. Never got that before. Please help. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JRYsBB View Post
    It is the desktop software that is giving me that error. I don't have any firewall on my pc. I'll tried to wait for 2 days to let the new OS settle, but im still getting the same error.
    Hello JRYsBB

    Ok, from what I understand you download BlackBerry applications to your BlackBerry Bold 9900 (using OS7.1.0.523) from PC, via a hard wired Ethernet connection due to a lack of wireless hardware equipment available in the household.

    Also, you don't have (BIS) BlackBerry Internet Service, but if I may suggest, try finding an unsecured Wi-Fi connection via a public place, such as a library, shopping mall, or maybe a friend's house (if Wi-Fi is secured, enter password to access).

    It is really that much easier and faster downloading via BlackBerry App World vs. downloading applications to your BlackBerry device directly from your PC.

    In case you do not have the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager software for PC v7.0.0.

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Liked
    755 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JRYsBB View Post
    It is the desktop software that is giving me that error. I don't have any firewall on my pc. I'll tried to wait for 2 days to let the new OS settle, but im still getting the same error.
    Also check the firewall settings on your 9900:

    1 Go to Options.
    2 select Security and select Firewall.
    3 make sure that its disabled

    If this does not work or reloading your Desktop Software as grim suggested, then you could try backing up your device and reverting back to the previous version of the OS that way you can at least determine if its a phone or a PC issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading problem
    By Ahpiar in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 04:26 AM
  2. Problem with upgrading to OS 5
    By Youssef in forum BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
  3. Need help upgrading OS to ANYTHING....
    By jason in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 11:27 PM
  4. Help upgrading OS from 4.7.0.76
    By Jobine in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •