Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 23

  1. #9
    sunkast Guest
    Try this for me on his phone. go to Manage Connections > Services Status.

    What does it say under BlackBerry Internet Service Connection and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connection?



  2. #10
    BlackberryBlake's Avatar
    BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Try this for me on his phone. go to Manage Connections > Services Status.

    What does it say under BlackBerry Internet Service Connection and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connection?
    DM for Mac, and as far as Manage Coneections, its says BIS & BES but BES is turned off.

  3. #11
    sunkast Guest
    I don't understand where you are getting this "force enterprise email" thing from then... What exactly are you seeing? As far as I know, DM for mac doesn't even support enterprise.



  4. #12
    BlackberryBlake's Avatar
    BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I don't understand where you are getting this "force enterprise email" thing from then... What exactly are you seeing? As far as I know, DM for mac doesn't even support enterprise.
    Well from the Manage Connections Field, it seems like BES is somehow on the device. Don't know how it got there but its there. Is there any way to remove BES without wiping? Or should I do a security wipe, then wipe w/ BBSAK and reload the OS from my PC?

  5. #13
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryBlake View Post
    Well from the Manage Connections Field, it seems like BES is somehow on the device. Don't know how it got there but its there. Is there any way to remove BES without wiping? Or should I do a security wipe, then wipe w/ BBSAK and reload the OS from my PC?
    I'm having a really hard time trying to help you because you are not answering my questions straight. I honestly don't believe your problem has anything to do with BES. At least not with the information that I've been able to get. I'd like to help you, but you have to tell me what exactly what it is you are seeing on the BlackBerry and what is happening.
    Last edited by sunkast; 05-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.



  6. #14
    sunkast Guest
    Please if you could, start from the beginning and explain what the problem is. This whole "force enterprise email" thing doesn't make any sense.

  7. #15
    BlackberryBlake's Avatar
    BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Posts
    144
    Sorry for being indirect, but I don't have the BlackBerry in front of me today. I can tell you, from what I saw when I was looking at the device, when he sets up an email account, an icon pops up that says 'Enterprise Activation'. It goes away after a few minutes. He has only one email account the device. It is a gmail account. When you send svc books, the service books & emails show up in the gmail folder for a split second, and then disappear. The gmail folder does not show any messages. However if you click on the main BB messages folder, the emails are there.

  8. #16
    sunkast Guest
    Perhaps he added the account incorrectly as a business email when he set up the account?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •