The developer of WhatsApp has released a major update for the app in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The change log includes a lot of improvements and bug fixes to the app so it definitely needs to be tested before it goes official.
The changelog on this update is as follows:
- Added 'Add to contacts' context actions to the chat list (for chats with unknown contacts) and to the group info screen (for unknown participants)
- Updated list item highlight styling across app for 10.3
- Improved focus styling for Classic across numerous screens
- Hub chat rows now update in response to contact display name changes
- Fixed an issue on 10.3 where, if 'Show action bar with keyboard' is enabled, a blank space would appear above the keyboard in landscape mode
- Fixed an issues where 'Delete all conversations' and 'Clear all conversations' would sometimes run so slowly they would appear to be broken
- Media downloads are now suspended during voice calls. Media downloads can still be manually triggered during voice calls
- Improved handling of certain failed voice calls
- Miscellaneous fixes and updates for voice calling (Note: voice calling is still in testing, and may not be available to all users.)
For those of you who are already registered as a member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone, you can help the developer by testing this beta version and provide feedback to them.