Now that we have seen plenty of the BlackBerry Q10 since the BlackBerry 10 launch, what can we know about the smartphone before it becomes available? Donny from the InsideBB Blog has compiled a nice list of the top 5 things to know about the QWERTY version of the BlackBerry 10 platform. This list will surely get you started in knowing your Q10 before you buy it later this quarter.
- The keyboard is bigger and better. The BlackBerry Q10 features a straight keyboard design, and is wider than earlier BlackBerry smartphones. The metal frets between the keys are also bigger, offering a more visual appeal while helping to eliminate errors while typing on the go.
- The BlackBerry Q10 has the largest battery of any BlackBerry smartphone, ever. The BlackBerry Q10 battery is 2100 mAh in size, which means, well, you can talk, work and play nearly all day on a single charge.
- Better shortcuts with Type and Go. This time-saving feature is essentially a shortcut that allows you to send messages faster than ever before. All you have to do is start typing an action like “email” or “BBM,” then a name, and you can quickly take action. Message sent. BOOM!
- The design is meticulous, light and durable. The back plate on the BlackBerry Q10 is made of a unique glass-weave material that is lighter and stronger than plastic. The device is surrounded by a machined stainless steel frame with a durable black coating, which is designed to prevent the edges from chipping and keeps your BlackBerry Q10 looking good.
- The BlackBerry Q10 is a BlackBerry 10 device, and it performs like one. The BlackBerry Q10 was designed to offer amazing performance available on BlackBerry 10 devices like the BlackBerry Z10. In terms of features and functionality, it runs on the same BlackBerry 10 platform, it can run the same apps, and has a removable back plate for easily replacing the battery or swapping your SIM card.
What will you be getting? The Q10 or the Z10? Let us know in the comments!