If you have already gotten a BlackBerry 10 device and haven't taken advantage of the BBM Video Chat feature, then you are missing out! Probably one of the most useful BBM features to date. It's so much easier to just show your BBM friend what's going on, rather than having to write out lengthy BBM messages and attach images. Donny from the InsideBB Blog has compiled a nice list of the top 5 things to know about BBM video:
- Seamless transition between text and video. It’s extremely easy to initiate a video chat with a BBM contact. When in a text-based BBM conversation, simply tap the video icon on the chat screen to start talking face-to-face. BAM!
- Screen Share. In addition to being able to make audio and video calls through BBM, you can share the screen of your BlackBerry 10 device while continuing your conversation. This allows you to chat in real time about a photo album, business document or website.
- High quality audio. BBM Video has stereo and wide-band audio technology. This means that two people can talk at the same time without canceling each other out.
- Cinematic experience. You can rotate your BlackBerry 10 device while BBM video chatting. This way, you can share you surrounding in portrait or landscape mode when conversing with a contact face-to-face over BBM.
- Front or rear-facing cameras. When in BBM Video, you switch between the front or rear-facing cameras on your BlackBerry 10 device. Which lens is more slimming (ha!) – you pick!
Have any BBM tips of your own? Let us know in the comments below!