Facebook doesn't seem to be in a hurry to bring us BB10 apps for Instagram and Facebook Messenger, so we must put our faith in native developers. Messenger, a third-party Facebook app from Nemory has officially arrived in BlackBerry World earlier this week!
Messenger is a native BlackBerry 10 app, and was built by NemOry Oliver, who also developed the famous Snap2Chat/Droid Store applications.
It includes the following features:
- Real Time Sending and Receiving Chats (no refreshing required)
- Stunningly Beautiful Design
- Start a Conversation
- Send Stickers (via plain text Links/URL)
- Update your Facebook Status within the App
- Very Fast and Fluid Performance
- Sent / Received Date and Time
- Jump to Top and Bottom (Floating Buttons)
- Filter / Search Friends via Name, Online/Offline/Idle Presence
- Sound & LED Notifications
- Sent or Received Indicator
- Load Older Conversations and Messages
- Change Color Theme (Dark / Bright)
- Share a specific message
- Copy & Paste Chat Messages
- Works in Landscape and Portrait
- Clear Cache
- Pull to Refresh
- Can display received Image Attachment
- Friend Typing Notifications
- Shows Online, Offline, Idle, All Friends
- Swipe Right to Close Chat
- Active Email Support
- SUPPORTS ALL BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES (Z10, Q10, Z30, Z3, Q5 and later devices will also be supported)
Currently, there is limitations within the app that do not allow you to delete messages or reply to group chats, but you are able to receive group chats.
The app is available to download at a reasonable price of $1.99, which is a small donation in my opinion for a developer who is doing what Facebook refuses to do themselves!
Source: BBOS Forums (Thanks Nadim!)