When Research In Motion said they'd be introducing Super Apps this year at Mobile World Congress, they weren't kidding. Let me present to you BlackBerry Travel. This application automatically searches your emails & LinkedIn profile for any upcoming trips that you have. It will help you book (within the app) flights, hotels, etc.
It's seem to currently only be compatible with US, Canada & UK but there is reports of the application being compatible in Spain.
- The ability to view/create/edit current & future itinerary items including flight, hotel and car rental.
Email Itinerary Management
- Automatic trip scanning will recognize the itineraries emailed to you and add them to the BlackBerry Travel application.
Notifications & Alerts
- Receive push notifications and alerts for your itineraries, such as flight reminders, flight/gate/terminal changes, flight cancellations and delays.
- Search and book hotels based on your scheduled destination or future locations, ranked by location, price, and quality.
- Search flight schedules by city, airport, and date.
- Search for local POIs such as dining, shopping and nightlife with map views, click-to-call and click-for-reviews.
- Update your LinkedIn status with your new location, share trip details with your contacts or search for contacts traveling to the same location.
- Track flights, check the current weather or use the currency converter in preparation for your upcoming trip.