Enter BlackBerry Mobile Fusion the answer to control and stability within device management. BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is built from RIM's solid BES foundation so organizations can be assured of its rock solid performance and stability. “BlackBerry Mobile Fusion allows organizations to manage a mixed environment of devices in the most secure, simple, and cost efficient manner possible. It also means that businesses and government do not have to move to the lowest common denominator on security for all the devices they need to manage.” said RIM's VP of Enterprise Product Management and Marketing, Alan Panezic.
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion allows for the management of several mobile platforms to include BlackBerry smartphones, iOS (version 4 or later), Android (version 2.1,2.2,2.3), PlayBook Tablets, and future BlackBerry 10 devices. Through a easy to use web-based interface an Administrator can easily activate, audit, and perform other management tasks.
Overview of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Features include:
- BlackBerry Device Service - provides management features for BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
- Universal Device Service - provides management features for devices that use the iOS and Android operating systems
- BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Studio - a web app that provides a single place for management of mobile devices, users, configurations, policies and more
In addition to the management of BlackBerry devices BlackBerry Mobile Fusion also provides the following capabilities for iOS and Android devices:
- Support for multiple devices per user
- Application and software management
- Connectivity management (Wi-Fi®, VPN, certificates)
- Centralized, easy to use, unified web-based console
- Security and policy definition and management
- Asset management
- Configuration management
- Security and protection for lost or stolen devices (remote lock, wipe)
- User- and group-based administration
- High scalability
For those of you itchy to try the software you can try it free for 60 days. This is a must have for any organization looking to regain control of mobile security, and organisation.