Here are some of the highlighted features from the release notes:
New Messaging Features
- Includes support for sending messages that use Latin characters along with Hebrew or Arabic characters.
- The maximum size of HTML email messages has been increased from 32KB to 300KB.
- The default maximum attachment size has been increased from from 3MB to 10MB.
- Synchronizes the full body of sent messages to the BlackBerry® smartphone.
- The time from the BlackBerry® smartphone is used to indicate the time a message was sent instead of using the time on the server. Sent messages now display the correct sent time even if the BlackBerry® smartphone is in a time zone that is different from the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
- The BlackBerry® Attachment Service now supports password-protected attachments.
- The BlackBerry® Attachment Service for displays more shapes from Microsoft® PowerPoint® attachments.
- The default number of messages to prepopulate has been increased to 1000 or 14 days of messages (whichever is less).
- Performs prepopulation at every activation, not just when a PIN changes (for example if all data and applications are deleted and the smartphone is activated again).
- Includes both header and body information in prepopulated messages.
New Calendar Features
- Canceled meetings can be left in the calendar on BlackBerry® smartphones instead of automatically removing them. This feature is supported on BlackBerry® device software 7.1 and higher.
- Includes security enhancements that are designed to allow verification of data integrity and authenticity for organizations that use multiple layers of encryption.
BlackBerry Enteprise Server Resource Kit
- The BlackBerry® Enterprise Transporter includes online help.
- Does not include the BlackBerry® Domain Search tool because BlackBerry® Mobile Fusion Studio includes the features the tool offered.
- Includes enhancements that reduce the workload on the computer that hosts the BlackBerry® Configuration Database.
Access Control Policies
- Administrators can assign access control policies to both individuals and groups.
VPN Profile Certificates
- Administrators can configure VPN profile certificates for BlackBerry® smartphones so that users do not need to perform this task.
Administrators can read the knowledge base article here.