New reports have come in to the folks over at n4bb that suggest that RIM will be releasing another variant of its current 7" tablet that will have 3G+ capabilities. This tablet is supposed to be released in April of this year. The 10" version of the PlayBook is also rumored to be released sometime in December. Now, we did get information that RIM was indeed working on a 10" PlayBook, and that it would be released sometime this year. However, the rumored date of December may be a bit lengthy, and an earlier date is more probable at this point.
In addition to the two new PlayBooks, information has as surfaced regarding a few other new things from RIM. These things include Mobile Fusion releasing in April, PlayBook Admin Service in the Summer, and two new BlackBerry Curves with an exclusive release to the East Asia and Africa markets. One of the curves is suspected to be 2G only. The PlayBook OS 2.0 is also speculated to be released at the end of February. Last, but not least RIM's next generation super phone, BlackBerry 10 is speculated to have been pushed back to September and to only have one release.
Here is a brief summary:
- 10″ PlayBook releasing in December 2012, LTE enabled
- 7″ PlayBook releasing in April 2012, 3G+
- First BlackBerry 10 phone releasing in September 2012
- PlayBook OS 2.0 releasing end of February 2012
- Mobile Fusion releasing in April 2012
- PlayBook Admin Service releasing in Summer 2012
- Two new Curves for East Asia and Africa markets. One Curve will be 2G only.