The last time we wrote about the native BlackBerry 10 app, What's On?, developer Jason Oickle was in the processes of ramping up the app with a new update. We are happy to announce that the new version 2.0 is now live in BlackBerry World! Here are a few words from Jason about his app:
This blazing fast native app allows you to stay up to date with the latest TV News, Track your favorite shows with the latest Listings, Schedules, built-in Calendar Reminders and more! This App has achieved the Built for BlackBerry designation. This means that it has been through a rigorous approval process at BlackBerry and will deliver a quality BlackBerry 10 experience.
- The latest TV related news from TV Rage.
- Add your favorite shows for quick and easy access.
- Mark episodes as "watched" and track your progress for each saved series.
- A 7-day TV schedule with the ability to set Calendar Reminders from the schedule.
- Saved shows are automatically highlighted in the schedule.
- Choose the country for your schedule. Currently supported: US, CA, UK, AU.
- Detailed series information with show and episode summary's and air dates.
- Search the TV database.
- Active frame scrolls through the latest TV news items.
- Various keyboard shortcuts for QWERTY users.
- NEW Reminders section with deep calendar integration so you can manage your reminders without leaving the app!
NOTE: Only new episodes appear in the schedule, repeat episodes do not! - Canadian users should select the US schedule unless you only want to see Canadian specific programming.
You can download What's On? via BlackBerry World for only $2.99. The app is available for all BlackBerry 10 models.