If youíre living in a cave then you may not be aware that the BlackBerry 10 team are ramping up development on BlackBerry 10. Not just for the Developer tools, but also the built-in apps that will be included when BlackBerry 10 launches.
Although we havenít heard any official news besides the previews of the Camera app and the new keyboard, there are other official channels that reveal and confirm a lot more besides.
As a developer, I like to see whatís new in the new beta releases and there are a few very interesting entries in the Cascades UI Release Notes for Beta 4.
Letís have a look at the most interesting ones:
- While editing a video, running a preview and switching to landscape mode causes the controls to become unresponsive and application to terminate unexpectedly.
- Receiving an incoming call and moving the call bar to the bottom of the screen causes the call bar to be stuck at the bottom of the screen.
- If you're editing a Notebook and receive an incoming call, the call screen and edit Notebook screen overlap each other.
So whatís so great here? These seem to be bugs related to the internal apps rather than the developer tools. Some of the tidbits that have been revealed is that:
- We should see built-in video editing coming to BlackBerry 10
- The call notification will have a slide-to-answer call bar much like the preview video from the BlackBerry World 2012 keynote
- The Notes app will be replaced with the Notebook app. Digging into the developer documentation, this appears to be bringing together lists and notes into a single app to create flexible lists and notes with due dates and completed flags. It will also allow us to attached other files such as voice notes and images.
Every time a little bit more info about BlackBerry 10 comes out I get more and more excited. No doubt, there are still a few tricks up the BlackBerry sleeves!
Let us know if these or any other features have you looking forward to the BlackBerry 10 launch!