A new app has been released for BlackBerry Server administrators. It’s called IT Manager and allows admins to manage their BES from their BlackBerry devices. It can be downloaded now from BlackBerry World and supports the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Bold, Curve and Torch devices.
This is a very handy app for making changes to your BES without having to go into the office. The app is easy to use and requires no server changes to setup.
- Creating & Deleting Users
- Setting User Activation Passwords
- Remove and Wipe Devices
- Set Password and Lock Devices
- Add and Remove Users from Groups
- Set User and Group IT Policies
- View IT Policies Rules
- View Server and BES Instances Status
- Support for managing BES 5.x and BES 10
- Manage multiple BES Servers Simultaneously
The app is also available for iOS devices with more admin features like SSH, Telnet, VNC, RDP, Windows, BES, AWS and Google Apps, these features will also be coming soon to BlackBerry 10 devices. The IT Manager app will also be on display in the exhibits hall at the BlackBerry Live conference next month.
The IT Manager app costs $99/year and can be downloaded with a 7 free day trial from here: http://www.itmanager.co/