BlackBerry news from India heats up as Indian telecom operator, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), has launched a alternative to BlackBerry services last Friday. The service, Bharat Berry, takes the stage as a less expensive and more accessible replacement option for those BlackBerry users who are under the threat of BlackBerry services being cut off by the India government. Features of the service include:
- Works with all compatible Mobile phones
- Works with your Corporate mail, Gmail and your personal email accounts
- Has all data and communication functionalities you are used to
- Provides over the air (OTA) Contact and Calendar backup
- Is an India-compliant solution
This means that the Bharat Berry service will allow users to have their emails pushed to their device, as well as on the go synchronization of calendar and contacts for multiple mail accounts. The service has been "tested on several entry-level handsets," according to Dr Ajay Data, director, Bharat Berry Technologies.
Executive Director (Wireless Services), MTNL, AK Bhargava said: