I know that many of us are painstakingly waiting for Netflix or Hulu to officially hit the BlackBerry platform. However, until then, developer Daniel Bigham has created a nice way to be able to stream Hulu via your PC to your PlayBook tablet on the Luhu app. While this isn't the most convenient way, it is promising for what we may see in the near future. And for us Hulu users out there, it's enough to quench our thirst in the meantime. You can pick Luhu up in App World for only a $1.99. Continue reading to see a video demo showing Hulu working via the Luhu app.
Here are a few limitations as pointed out on Daniel Bigham's website...
- Your PlayBook must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. (To download the PC app, click here)
- This initial version requires a relatively high performance computer, otherwise the audio will contain popping noises and audio/video synchronization may be off. For example, my three year old laptop with an Intel Centrino doesn't appear to be up to the task. I'm investigating solutions to this problem. For the time being, please see this page for details on how to check whether your computer is fast enough.
- luhu requires between 1.5 and 10 Mbps transfer speeds between your PC and PlayBook, depending on what quality settings you use.
- When you are watching a hulu movie on your PlayBook, the computer's audio is redirected to your PlayBook.
- Windows PC only. (Mac is not supported)
- Windows XP is not yet supported. Please use Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
- There are no player controls such as pause or rewind on the PlayBook at this time. I hope to improve this. More info