Generally you will be automatically notified when a update becomes available for your BlackBerry PlayBook. However, a manual check can be performed if the update hasn't yet pushed to your tablet. Do do this, follow the steps below (also see video above):
- From the homescreen, touch the gear icon in the top right corner, which will open up the options menu
- Touch 'Software Updates' in the menu list
- Now select 'Check For Updates'
- If a update is available, select 'Download', to begin downloading the update
- Once complete, you may be prompted to restart your tablet for the update to complete
Note: Make sure that your PlayBook is plugged in and has at least 20% battery life in order to complete the update. This is to ensure that your update completes as if it doesn't, your tablet will be bricked.