RIM is only producing a limited number of these testing devices, and they will be reserved on a priority list for developers who have demonstrated that they are building apps for BlackBerry 10. So how does one go about getting one of these devices? See RIM's guidelines below:
Distribution will be limited to developers who submit two or more applications; these developers will be given priority seeding for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C. These developers will be determined on the following point system:
- 50 points for ported Android™ applications
- 250 points for all other applications (Native, BlackBerry® WebWorks™, Adobe® AIR®)
- 1500 points for Built For BlackBerry certified application
- BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A/B recipients start with 200 points
- BlackBerry Elite Members start with 200 points
The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C offer will run from December 1, 2012 through February 5, 2013. The details on the program can be found here.